What would you do?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 1, 2005 5:56:06 PM

I'm currently an employee of AT&T (not wireless) and I get a ok discount on
service. I think it ammounts to about 15%, give or take, plus some free
extra minutes on my plans. My latest phone, the Sony T637 got wet this
weekend and doesn't work anymore. So I call up AT&T WS customer service and
I have 2 choices.

1. Stay with AT&T, keep my discount, but choose from a very limited
selection of phones, either very cheap (Motorola V180/220 and Nokia 3200) or
very expensive (Nokia 6620, Blackberry 7100/7290).

or

2. Switch to Cingular, get basically a new customer discount on the phone,
which would be nice, but then I loose my monthly AT&T employee discount.
But here I also have a pick of basically any phone available.

Any real easy choice I'm not seeing? AT&T still does have the Blackberry
6280 for $99, but I kinda like the color screens and possibly even another
camera.

Aaron

More about : question

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:25:38 AM

"Aaron Heck" <amheck@takethisout.attglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm currently an employee of AT&T (not wireless) and I get a ok discount
on
> service. I think it ammounts to about 15%, give or take, plus some free
> extra minutes on my plans. My latest phone, the Sony T637 got wet this
> weekend and doesn't work anymore. So I call up AT&T WS customer service
and
> I have 2 choices.
>
> 1. Stay with AT&T, keep my discount, but choose from a very limited
> selection of phones, either very cheap (Motorola V180/220 and Nokia 3200)
or
> very expensive (Nokia 6620, Blackberry 7100/7290).

That choice would be easy. Go with a Nokia 3200. You will love it. -Dave
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 4:34:47 AM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:56:06 GMT, "Aaron Heck"
<amheck@takethisout.attglobal.net> wrote:

>I'm currently an employee of AT&T (not wireless) and I get a ok discount on
>service. I think it ammounts to about 15%, give or take, plus some free
>extra minutes on my plans. My latest phone, the Sony T637 got wet this
>weekend and doesn't work anymore. So I call up AT&T WS customer service and
>I have 2 choices.
>
>1. Stay with AT&T, keep my discount, but choose from a very limited
>selection of phones, either very cheap (Motorola V180/220 and Nokia 3200) or
>very expensive (Nokia 6620, Blackberry 7100/7290).
>
>or
>
>2. Switch to Cingular, get basically a new customer discount on the phone,
>which would be nice, but then I loose my monthly AT&T employee discount.
>But here I also have a pick of basically any phone available.
>
>Any real easy choice I'm not seeing? AT&T still does have the Blackberry
>6280 for $99, but I kinda like the color screens and possibly even another
>camera.

Option C: eBay the unlocked phone you want. My wife got a Nokia 6230 used
from eBay, spent another $5 & got it unlocked, and uses it with her
original ATTWS plan.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.