This is my current rig.

asus p6t
i7-920 (stock)
6gig patriot gaming ram
1 TB HDD
xonar d1 souncard
gtx 260 sp216 (stocK)
750w Antec Truepower

I am planing on going for another gtx 260 in sli, and maybe a little overclock on the CPU... about 3.2-3.4 ghz.
Will this powersupply be enough for an additional card and a mild overclock?
If not, how about just another card with no overclock on the cpu?

About 750 watts in one of the following brands: corsair, pc power and cooling, antec, enermax, seasonic, or ocz. I wouldn't buy an off brand, such as coolermaster or Ultra. Some rosewill ps are ok, but I don't know who makes them; probably varies with the model number.

Your PSU should be fine. Unless you plan on something like tri-SLI or rather extreme overclocking (or if you feel the need to add another dozen or so hard drives), 750 watts is plenty. Antec Truepowers tend to be fairly solid units too.

xxdejavuxx

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Thanks for the responses.
Just to clarify.

I can overclock my cpu to 3.4ghz AND add a 2nd gtx260 without any danger of killing my rig at all?
Would it be pushing the 750w or will i have a safe buffer?

Must admit I read the specs and missed the 750 ...

Yes what you have there will do the job well.

It is important that you have a good case with a front and rear 120mm fan and the internal cabling is all bundled and tidy so the air can easily move through the case.

Other than that it all looks good.

Check the THG benchies on the 260 in SLI before you buy ... to see what advantages your going to get for the games you like to play.

Some games won't benefit much ... you might want to look at a faster single card ... and sell the 260 or chuck it in another machine.

xxdejavuxx

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Thanks for the replies.

I am using the antec full tower 1200 case. Very good airflow. 3 front fans, 2 rear fans, and a top mounted fan. Hurt the wallet thought. LOL

i usually online play RPG's / strategy games.
Games like diablo 3 and starcraft 2 is what im looking forward to.