stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Hey guys. I'm about to break something ( although I'm sure I already have ) - I dont know what the problem is so i dont know where to post this.

My system started running slow, so I decided to reformat, after the format when I tried to boot up, my windows (vista) said "Bootmgr is missing" so I did all those repair steps and failed So I decided to reformat again since I didnt really install anything yet anyways.

This time however, The bootscreen didnt even come up, my computer just shut down!, I cannot boot from my CD because whenever it gets to the point where it says "press any key to boot from cd" my screen automatically goes black.. I tried a different harddrive, I tried flashing the bios again, I tried everything!!.. This is killing me. :cry:

My Specs

Vista 64bit
WD Caviar black 640gb
DFI lanparty UT x58
Xfx 4870x2
Coolermaster ucp 1100w
asus xonar dx
g skill ddr 3 trident 2000mhz 1.65v

I have also set everything to default and tried again, and failed.
Please Help mee!! I really don't want to pay the 100$ for this computer store to fix it for me. I also do not think the bios is corrupt because i can still enter it, my psu is fine because it boots up into the bios okay.

What could be the f ing problem. GOD!

- i tried taking out 2 stick of rams as well, and reset cmos and RAWR!!! how could this happen, wtf went wrong!!!?!
my happy video before this incident. if you need to see what everything looks like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKWLZrDRAy8

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I think I may have to RMA the board.. what a waste of 300$.. I dont know if RMA works if I bought it in Taiwan.. Damnit.

I got the error FF as in *solution* Clear cmos or RMA required.
So BS i have never rma'ed anything before and i dont know how.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Your system passes POST (Power on self test).
You can get into bios setup.
Therefore your main system components (motherboard, cpu, ram, videocard) work just fine.
For now, focus on going through the motherboard manual in bios setup.
Check each page. Make sure the boot priority has CD before hard drive. Don't flash the bios again since you already have the upgrade done.
Look at your ram voltage and speed. If it's set to 1.5v and DDR3 1066 you should be fine. If you set it to 2000 @ 1.65v, put it back to stock for now.
Check what bios says your temps are. Do they look OK?
Look at what bios shows for a hard drive.
Just keep in mind that you should not have to rma your motherboard, it works.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Oh thanks so much for the info, I have NEVER RMA'ed before so That would be like OMFG to me.

My temps are okay, the harddrive is at the right one as well, but the problem is that the screen goes black:(

I'll keep looking

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
OMG YOUR RiGHT!! WTF, i have 2 cd rom drives, i put the cd in the first drive when the motherboard wasnt detecting it, now i put it in the second and its actually booting up with the CD' il keep you guys posted.

- I love this motherboard btw. The price makes me love it more.