sweetwater

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hello all, I have a computer that has 2-2.6v pc3200 CL3 kingston 512mb paired modules and want to add a third 512mb Micron stick ddr, 400, CL3 from a gateway machine
MT16VDDT646AG-40BGB
which does not have a voltage listing on the sticky label like others do. PCB does have this marking "BP MLL 94v-0". Is it 2.6v? I emailed Gateway if there will be a response.
Will I endanger my computer adding it?
Well you didn't include Biostar as Motherboard manuf. but it is an M7NCD Ultra Biostar [old critter that has served me well] with an AMD Thunderbird 2600+ home build.
All ram is 8 chips per side. I think I remembered reading somewhere that mismatched memory voltage would ruin Mobo and maybe more and Gateway was famous for doing oddball memory voltages.
Thanx %:))Mike
My memory [dementia] isn't doing it well any more that's why I ask...

Solution
If the RAM stick has SPD values in it, the motherboard will give it appropriate timings for the voltage that will be compatible with all of your RAM modules. Otherwise, your system might not POST or raise a memory error.

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
If the RAM stick has SPD values in it, the motherboard will give it appropriate timings for the voltage that will be compatible with all of your RAM modules. Otherwise, your system might not POST or raise a memory error.

Solution

sweetwater

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

Thank you very much! No damage to be done...
Sigh of relief!!! %:))SW

sweetwater

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

Thanxmuch; My current ram is a Kingston 2.6v kit and the stick I want to add is 2.5v Micron from a Gateway box and yes U B correct the ram slots are 2.5v. Luckly deyz all duh same speed and timing. Someone already commented that It ought to function with SPD working out the kinkz, but if it don't all that will happen is a no boot with a beep code. l8r%:))SW

TRENDING THREADS