Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows XP Media Center Format Blank DVD

Last response: in Windows XP
February 3, 2012 3:14:32 AM

I see others on the web are having problems, too, with TDK DVD-RW.

I am also getting the "problem copying" when trying to burn to a blank DVD from my Windows XP Media Center Edition. When I look at the E:\ drive, it also shows "0" bytes total and "0" bytes free?

It was suggested that DVD's need to be formatted, so trying to figure out how to do that? They reminded me that they are like the old 3-1/2" diskettes and you would have to do that before using them.

Thanks.

Lindaru
;~)
February 3, 2012 8:50:54 AM

Lindaru said:
I see others on the web are having problems, too, with TDK DVD-RW.

I am also getting the "problem copying" when trying to burn to a blank DVD from my Windows XP Media Center Edition. When I look at the E:\ drive, it also shows "0" bytes total and "0" bytes free?

It was suggested that DVD's need to be formatted, so trying to figure out how to do that? They reminded me that they are like the old 3-1/2" diskettes and you would have to do that before using them.

Thanks.

Lindaru
;~)

Have you tried right click the drive & erase ?
Or if media was created with 3rd part APP, use that to erase.
m
l
February 3, 2012 3:16:30 PM

Lindaru said:
Have you tried right click the drive & erase ?
Or if media was created with 3rd part APP, use that to erase.

Hi, Ksiemb . . . indeed I did after every failed attempt. I had seen on other forums throughout the day that a lot of people were returning their unused TDK DVD "Record For Life" products to the store for the same problem after the same attempted fixes. Many had even replaced their DVD burners with no good result (mind you I have used Memorex C.D.'s up to yesterday with no problem but the TDK's were purchased for a specific project for someone that prefers them).

I had tried simply copying and dragging the files through Windows Explorer. No success. Erase the disk.

Opened Sonic Roxio and trying through that particular program rather than through Windows Media Player. No success. Erase the disk.

Test it with a Memorex C.D. and it was fine?

Is it that TDK simply is not compatible with Windows XP or Sonic/Roxio, or even Windows Media Center?

Thanks.

Lindaru
;~)
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 3, 2012 5:13:18 PM

Lindaru said:
Hi, Ksiemb . . . indeed I did after every failed attempt. I had seen on other forums throughout the day that a lot of people were returning their unused TDK DVD "Record For Life" products to the store for the same problem after the same attempted fixes. Many had even replaced their DVD burners with no good result (mind you I have used Memorex C.D.'s up to yesterday with no problem but the TDK's were purchased for a specific project for someone that prefers them).

I had tried simply copying and dragging the files through Windows Explorer. No success. Erase the disk.

Opened Sonic Roxio and trying through that particular program rather than through Windows Media Player. No success. Erase the disk.

Test it with a Memorex C.D. and it was fine?

Is it that TDK simply is not compatible with Windows XP or Sonic/Roxio, or even Windows Media Center?

Thanks.

Lindaru
;~)

Lindaru: Not much good to say about the product, from what I have read, but could also depend on the hardware being used,IMO.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/253003
http://club.myce.com/f33/tdk-dvd-r-8x-tdk-corp-ttg02-pr...

Maybe go here, give them some negative feedback.
http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-us/Support/
February 3, 2012 6:21:29 PM

Hi, Ksiemb . . . thanks for those! The bottom link I actually visited yesterday and posted a question to them regarding my experience. Have not heard anything back yet.

Guess I will let the people I am doing this project for know that TDK is indeed not the best, at least for this computer.

Thanks again!

Lindaru
;~)
m
l
February 9, 2012 11:10:55 PM

Best answer selected by Lindaru.
m
l
!