CELERON OVERCLOCK

cool07ist

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hello guys, I have a intel celeron (d) processor and I have currently overclocked it from 3.06 ghz to 3.36 ghz . the question I want to know is that is it safe to overclock it more. I have windows 7 installed but with very less ram(512 mb) which is ddr2 667mhz compatible. With my stock cooler I hit 58 or BARELY AT max 60c temps. Is it too much temperature?? I have seen guys overclock it to record 8.?? Ghz and just hoping to get some more out of it like 4 to 4.5 ghz or so.
wei currently rated it 4.1 at 3.36ghz speed.

But the problem lies here…. The overclocking I have done is just by increasing frequency/voltage control option in which overclocking option is there where default speed is 133mhz. I have increased it to 219mhz current by which I am gaining this scores.but when I increase it to(with increasing small mhz’s 2 or sometimes 4 mhz increased) 223 mhz the boot bios failed or lets just say os failed to operate and have to install windows 7 os again. It really bothered me… the most another big problem I gained is that when increasing it to 225 mhz, at startup it just says "new processor detected and is not compatible with new mobo and will run at underclocked speeds but doesn’t lead to windows screen". What is this?? Why is it saying like this?? Is it due to stability issues?? Also you guys have said changing core voltages values and there is option but I just cant use it….cuz there is no selectable option.

What should I do?? I am pretty happy with my current speed cuz its starting faster than before(while windows startup screen appears) and want more gains. its just for my curiosity and want to learn more on overclocking with this old processor. Also in thread, a guy said that intel celeron (d) 347 of cedar mill @3.06 ghz cpu is more capable of overclocking than any other celerons…please help me on this overclocking gods of TOM’S HARDWARE….. also I will upgrade my ram which is really less at 512 mb) cuz I think it might hamper my current hopes of overclocking this processor.
Thank you very much for the help.

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
I am pretty happy with my current speed cuz its starting faster than before

Then I would just use it like that.

also I will upgrade my ram which is really less at 512 mb) cuz I think it might hamper my current hopes of overclocking this processor.

Now you hit the nail on the head! Win 7 32 Bit needs 1G of ram mim. but 4G works better. The 64 bit version works well with 8G of ram which I would recommend.

Since I did not have that CPU I can't advise you how to OC it to its best potiential. Maybe you should talk to the guy who did so well with it. :)

Here is a LINK that shows what someone else did with that CPU.

Good luck to you and happy OC'n. :sol: