Sims2: Stuck taxis!

mvs

Well my sim and his girlfriend made it to college intact, and she was accepted
to Tri Var. Unfortunately, a situation has developed which prevents her from
leaving the sorority lot: somewhere along the line, a taxi got stuck in the
street outside the house, and it has created a permanent traffic jam of taxis.
There are now two taxis stuck outside the house, and any attempt to call a
third causes the new taxi to disappear as soon as it arrives. The "Are you
sure you want to leave" dialog box loops constantly if I press "Yes", and if I
press "No" then of course my sim does not leave. Anyone have this problem? Is
there a cheat which can be used to delete the taxis?

mvs wrote:
> Well my sim and his girlfriend made it to college intact, and she was
> accepted to Tri Var. Unfortunately, a situation has developed which
> prevents her from leaving the sorority lot: somewhere along the line,
> a taxi got stuck in the street outside the house, and it has created
> a permanent traffic jam of taxis. There are now two taxis stuck
> outside the house, and any attempt to call a third causes the new
> taxi to disappear as soon as it arrives. The "Are you sure you want
> to leave" dialog box loops constantly if I press "Yes", and if I
> press "No" then of course my sim does not leave. Anyone have this
> problem? Is there a cheat which can be used to delete the taxis?

"move_objects on" then just pick them up and delete them like normal
objects.

mvs

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>mvs wrote:
>> Well my sim and his girlfriend made it to college intact, and she was
>> accepted to Tri Var. Unfortunately, a situation has developed which
>> prevents her from leaving the sorority lot: somewhere along the line,
>> a taxi got stuck in the street outside the house, and it has created
>> a permanent traffic jam of taxis. There are now two taxis stuck
>> outside the house, and any attempt to call a third causes the new
>> taxi to disappear as soon as it arrives. The "Are you sure you want
>> to leave" dialog box loops constantly if I press "Yes", and if I
>> press "No" then of course my sim does not leave. Anyone have this
>> problem? Is there a cheat which can be used to delete the taxis?
>
>"move_objects on" then just pick them up and delete them like normal
>objects.

No good - after deleting all three unusable taxis from the street, the taxis
still won't come.

Call/Transportation > "Who needs a ride?"/Heather

"Leaving the lot will save it in its current state. Are you sure you want to
go?"/Yes = Taxi appears for a fraction of a second and disappears, and the "Are
you sure" dialog reappears. Pressing "Yes" over and over simply causes the
taxi to appear and disappear again. The sim never leaves. Pressing "No" ends
the loop, but leaves a non-functional taxi on the lot.

I have no hacks at all, just a couple of recolored outfits created with Body
Shop (which my sims will never be able to buy if they can't leave this lot!)

Will Bradshaw wrote:
> mvs wrote:
>
>>Well my sim and his girlfriend made it to college intact, and she was
>>accepted to Tri Var. Unfortunately, a situation has developed which
>>prevents her from leaving the sorority lot: somewhere along the line,
>>a taxi got stuck in the street outside the house, and it has created
>>a permanent traffic jam of taxis. There are now two taxis stuck
>>outside the house, and any attempt to call a third causes the new
>>taxi to disappear as soon as it arrives. The "Are you sure you want
>>to leave" dialog box loops constantly if I press "Yes", and if I
>>press "No" then of course my sim does not leave. Anyone have this
>>problem? Is there a cheat which can be used to delete the taxis?
>

> "move_objects on" then just pick them up and delete them like normal
> objects.

Or download the King Kong sim, have it stomp on your taxis, problem solved.

--
--Cuth ;-)

mvs wrote:
> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> mvs wrote:
>>> Well my sim and his girlfriend made it to college intact, and she
>>> was accepted to Tri Var. Unfortunately, a situation has developed
>>> which prevents her from leaving the sorority lot: somewhere along
>>> the line, a taxi got stuck in the street outside the house, and it
>>> has created a permanent traffic jam of taxis. There are now two
>>> taxis stuck outside the house, and any attempt to call a third
>>> causes the new taxi to disappear as soon as it arrives. The "Are
>>> you sure you want to leave" dialog box loops constantly if I press
>>> "Yes", and if I press "No" then of course my sim does not leave.
>>> Anyone have this problem? Is there a cheat which can be used to
>>> delete the taxis?
>>
>> "move_objects on" then just pick them up and delete them like normal
>> objects.
>
> No good - after deleting all three unusable taxis from the street,
> the taxis still won't come.
>
> Call/Transportation > "Who needs a ride?"/Heather
>
> "Leaving the lot will save it in its current state. Are you sure you
> want to go?"/Yes = Taxi appears for a fraction of a second and
> disappears, and the "Are you sure" dialog reappears. Pressing "Yes"
> over and over simply causes the taxi to appear and disappear again.
> The sim never leaves. Pressing "No" ends the loop, but leaves a
> non-functional taxi on the lot.
>
> I have no hacks at all, just a couple of recolored outfits created
> with Body Shop (which my sims will never be able to buy if they can't
> leave this lot!)

You may have to abandon the lot and bulldoze it. Perhaps you've got a
screwed up portal on that lot. Or it could be a corruption in that part of
the neighborhood. Try moving the family out (on the neighborhood screen)
then rebuilding in a different part of the neighborhood.

Jeanie

If it's a portal problem, Pescado made a Lot Debugger. I've not had to use
it yet but it's supposed to deal with portal problems. And that certainly
sounds like one.

Best wishes
maxon