Sign in with
Your question

SATA 6 GB/s WD HDD Won't Appear in My Computer

Last response: in Storage
June 18, 2011 1:11:59 AM

Hi there,

This is my first post here.

I'm just finishing up my first build. Everything went together great except for my Western Digital 500 GB SATA 3 hard drive. My system is as follows:

ASRock P67 Pro3 SE mobo
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
Intel I5-2500k
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870 1 GB
Intel 80 GB SSD
Sony Blu-Ray Optical Drive

I've installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit on the SSD with the 500GB HDD unplugged. Once Windows installed, I plugged the 500GB into the SATA3 6 GB/s port on the mobo with a data cable that says it supports 6GB/s, and restarted Windows. Once Windows loaded it said that it had successfully installed drivers for the 500GB HDD. However, when I go into My Computer, the 500 GB HDD is nowhere to be found. I've tried to find drivers from ASRock but there don't appear to be any for the SATA3 controller.

What should I do? Please HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

More about : sata hdd computer

June 18, 2011 1:47:12 AM

theman5511 said:
Hi there,

This is my first post here.

I'm just finishing up my first build. Everything went together great except for my Western Digital 500 GB SATA 3 hard drive. My system is as follows:

ASRock P67 Pro3 SE mobo
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
Intel I5-2500k
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870 1 GB
Intel 80 GB SSD
Sony Blu-Ray Optical Drive

I've installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit on the SSD with the 500GB HDD unplugged. Once Windows installed, I plugged the 500GB into the SATA3 6 GB/s port on the mobo with a data cable that says it supports 6GB/s, and restarted Windows. Once Windows loaded it said that it had successfully installed drivers for the 500GB HDD. However, when I go into My Computer, the 500 GB HDD is nowhere to be found. I've tried to find drivers from ASRock but there don't appear to be any for the SATA3 controller.

What should I do? Please HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Figured it out using WyomingKnott's stickied post in the hard drive forum. Thanks a lot WyomingKnott!!!
m
l
!