Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Too many fans? Too fast?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 1, 2011 7:07:54 PM

I have some trouble that I reported elsewhere and I have a feeling it's due to an overheating problem.

I have an Antec 300 case with the exhaust fan in the back, one exhaust at the top and two intake fans at the front. I also have a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ with two fans that send all the air towards the exhaust fan in the back of the case.

They are all at medium speed.

Is it possible that I have too many fans and/or they are running too fast and I'm disturbing the airflow in the case?

Thanks!

More about : fans fast

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
November 1, 2011 8:00:57 PM

jeffjeff666-

If your CPU temp under P95 is 52C-53C you don't have a CPU overheating issue.

From your other thread it sounds like your Vid card is either faulty or is overheating. Too many fans can cause turbulence and dead areas but that's usually from side fans not front, rear or top. I'd monitor your Vid card temp. and if normal try a different Vid card to see if it resolves the issue.

The Youtube video is a poor attempt to show airflow thru the case because they are blowing the smoke in instead of allowing the fan to draw the smoke in. The actual results are significantly different than what the video shows in real world. Whom ever produced this video was seriously lacking in the understanding of airflow.
Related resources
November 1, 2011 8:21:25 PM

I run P95 + MSI Kombustor at Extreme settings and the max temperature I get for my GPU is 49 degrees. Too bad I don't have a different video card.

Thanks for answering my question!
m
l
November 1, 2011 8:22:00 PM

Best answer selected by jeffjeff666.
m
l
!