Gigabyte-ga-ma790gpt-ud3h mb,keyboard will not work to get in bios

stinman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I built my first system about week ago it is the motherboard listed in the thread topic,Phenom II 955 BE C3 step 3.2GHz,GGC-H20N BD\dvd\cd rom,Corsair 2Gb x2
cmx4gx3m2 1600 1.65 v 800 (I had to change the voltage and set 2T to get full 800),Seagaet HD 1TB 7200.Windows 7 64bit.
I have 3pc's,4 different keyboard combos.1)Logitech s510 wireless combo, 2)Logitech mx 3200 wles combo,3)Gateway wles combo,4)Dell Standard wired and the mouse that came with a E510.I have tried all of them!

Now the keyboards will work when windows starts up just fine all of them,also to clear up-I did set in bios enable usb support for keyboards,I also set it enable for ps/2 support.I have been told other places to change things in the bios,but they didn't seem to understand that the keyboard is doing a hard lock or what ever you call it before I can get into bios.I am out of ideas for now.i keep wondering if it is a driver issue with something else.But what drivers are loaded before windows starts,and why does it work after it starts.Once the login page is up I can type my password in and everything is fine.I have the latest bios f3,there is a bata out but it is for some new processor that I don't have.So has anyone here had this happen?Thanks
stinman

stinman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Because I could at one point a few days ago,thought I said that when I said that I had all ready made usb and ps\2 keyboards to enabled in the bios.This just started happening man.I have tried everything.This happened to me along time ago on a Dell 2400.I never did get it fixed.I have reinstalled windows 7 ultimate and it worked then,afterwards it wouldn't one time,but it has the next time.So I don't know.I had a dual boot thing going on also,that might of started screwing things up.I also thought that a driver conflict was going on with a older wd 160 my book essentials that has a xp driver,there is no new driver for it.The windows 7 driver showed errors sometimes for it.So I don't know what is going on.

stinman

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008

I am hitting the right key,it is del key and f12 for boot ,I did not know about the pause though.I have a long story here,I ended up installing windows 7 64 on 2 partitions,dual booting.At the moment I got in and used diskpart command to mark one partition as unactive,then got rid of it.I then had to do a startup repair to put the boot file back on the other partition,(hope you are following me).After which I was able to get in,then the next time I was not able to get in.So something is going on.Seems as long as I do not have a older WD My Book 160GB external HD plugged in,I can use the keyboard in the bios,if it is plugged in I can not.Go figure! :lol:
stin