Gigabyte-ga-ma790gpt-ud3h mb,keyboard will not work to get in bios

I built my first system about week ago it is the motherboard listed in the thread topic,Phenom II 955 BE C3 step 3.2GHz,GGC-H20N BD\dvd\cd rom,Corsair 2Gb x2
cmx4gx3m2 1600 1.65 v 800 (I had to change the voltage and set 2T to get full 800),Seagaet HD 1TB 7200.Windows 7 64bit.
I have 3pc's,4 different keyboard combos.1)Logitech s510 wireless combo, 2)Logitech mx 3200 wles combo,3)Gateway wles combo,4)Dell Standard wired and the mouse that came with a E510.I have tried all of them!

Now the keyboards will work when windows starts up just fine all of them,also to clear up-I did set in bios enable usb support for keyboards,I also set it enable for ps/2 support.I have been told other places to change things in the bios,but they didn't seem to understand that the keyboard is doing a hard lock or what ever you call it before I can get into bios.I am out of ideas for now.i keep wondering if it is a driver issue with something else.But what drivers are loaded before windows starts,and why does it work after it starts.Once the login page is up I can type my password in and everything is fine.I have the latest bios f3,there is a bata out but it is for some new processor that I don't have.So has anyone here had this happen?Thanks
stinman
5 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte ma790gpt ud3h keyboard work bios
  1. Be sure you're pressing the correct key to enter the bios; should be listed on the post screen; also try using the "pause" key and see if the post screen freezes. This will tell you if the keyboard works.
  2. My question is the obvious one, how did you change settings in BIOS when your topic says you cannot get into BIOS?
  3. Because I could at one point a few days ago,thought I said that when I said that I had all ready made usb and ps\2 keyboards to enabled in the bios.This just started happening man.I have tried everything.This happened to me along time ago on a Dell 2400.I never did get it fixed.I have reinstalled windows 7 ultimate and it worked then,afterwards it wouldn't one time,but it has the next time.So I don't know.I had a dual boot thing going on also,that might of started screwing things up.I also thought that a driver conflict was going on with a older wd 160 my book essentials that has a xp driver,there is no new driver for it.The windows 7 driver showed errors sometimes for it.So I don't know what is going on.
  4. o1die said:
    Be sure you're pressing the correct key to enter the bios; should be listed on the post screen; also try using the "pause" key and see if the post screen freezes. This will tell you if the keyboard works.

I am hitting the right key,it is del key and f12 for boot ,I did not know about the pause though.I have a long story here,I ended up installing windows 7 64 on 2 partitions,dual booting.At the moment I got in and used diskpart command to mark one partition as unactive,then got rid of it.I then had to do a startup repair to put the boot file back on the other partition,(hope you are following me).After which I was able to get in,then the next time I was not able to get in.So something is going on.Seems as long as I do not have a older WD My Book 160GB external HD plugged in,I can use the keyboard in the bios,if it is plugged in I can not.Go figure! :lol:
    stin
  5. This problem is resolved and can be closed by the mods.Thanks to everyone there is no best answer from members.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Keyboards