Sign in with
Your question
Solved

4500mhd vs hd4530

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2009 7:30:59 PM

i just want to ask that i am about to buy a laptop but cannot decide whether to buy with dedicated or integrated graphics....
i will be using it for my college work but also want to play some games like fifa and cs..i will use the laptop for almost 5-6 hours a day and ive heard tht dedicated graphics cards produce much more heat and drain battery...so any can tell me what to do????????????????

More about : 4500mhd hd4530

Best solution

a c 201 U Graphics card
September 16, 2009 7:46:36 PM

If you want to play games then there is no question you need to get one of the dedicated graphics cards. The newer mobility radeons are rather efficient so they wont pump out too much heat just make sure you dont get a small laptop with a large discrete card, you will get over heating problems that way.

The solution to the higher battery consumption, if you are going to play a game, plug it in, at idle they dont use very much.
a c 197 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
September 16, 2009 7:58:37 PM

Add $90 or so to your budget for an extra battery; beats kicking yourself until you're black and blue for getting an Intel Graphics Media Decelerator.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 18, 2009 10:34:59 AM

thanks now i will definitely buy laptop with dedicated graphics
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 18, 2009 11:54:31 AM

If you are sitting at a desk most of the time you can also get a 'cooling pad' to put under your laptop. That will help keep it cool if the manufacturer provided poor cooling.
m
l
September 22, 2009 6:11:40 PM

What do you guys think hp pavillion dv6 or dell studio 15??
which is better with better build quality
m
l
a c 201 U Graphics card
September 22, 2009 7:09:05 PM

Which variants of each one? There are many versions of the DV6 and its not fair to compare an up model DV6 to a mid range studio 15.
m
l
a c 201 U Graphics card
September 23, 2009 2:54:57 PM

My HP is quite durable. The HP will also far a bit better at games due to the larger dedicated GPU memory, it will help it a lot even at that low resolution.

Just be aware, glossy HPs get finger prints all over them so wipe it down once in a while.
m
l
!