gbrew345

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Hi Community,

I recently tried to see what I could push my GTX 580 up to and clocked it up to about 890 Mhz Core Clock at 1.1V. This was stable for 4-5 hours but then my PC reset and my settings were back to default. I assumed this was unstable so I brought the Voltage and Core Clock down about 0.3V and 50Mhz respectively. The problem continued to persist after about 2 hours of play on BF3. Not wanting to corrupt anything, I reset my settings to factory and continued on. The problem is, the resetting continues at seemingly random intervals. This has happened about 6 times in the last 2 days. Any ideas why this might be? My card never got over 73 C at load and runs idle at about 28 C.

i7-2600k

ASUS Direct CU II GTX 580

8 gb G. Skill 1600

P8P67 pro

Corsair HX750

Can anyone please help me?

gbrew345

Solution
Hi gbrew, I have a few questions for you:

Did you put your system together recently?

Are all the components new?

Are you overclocking your CPU?

How long had you been running your PC before you tried overclocking your GPU?

ET900

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
im not to sure but i will suggest the basics to try incase you haven't already tried - try uninstalling the graphics drivers and any programs related to the control of the graphics card, reboot, reinstall them reboot. then see how it goes.

I've had experiences similar in the past but it was quite a while back so can't quite remember how it all went. But a fresh install of graphics drivers can reset certain things and get rid of the problem.

I'm sure someone else with a bit more knowledge will be able to offer some better advice though...

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi gbrew, I have a few questions for you:

Did you put your system together recently?

Are all the components new?

Are you overclocking your CPU?

How long had you been running your PC before you tried overclocking your GPU?

Solution