Cant setup Win7 X64 on RAID

smoblikat

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
First time post, i usually go to OCN but im sick of they way they run their crappy site so now im rolling with the big dogs.

I have 2 WD640AAHLS in EAID0 on an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and im trying to install win7, im sure my RAID is configured properly because i can view the array in the BIOS, if i go to the repair thing instead of just hitting install it tells me that my drivers are unrelated to my hardware so they cant be installed, and if i try to install the X64 drivers im told that they are unsigned so windows needs to be a jerk.

Anyone else with this problem?

smoblikat

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Thanks for trying but that doesnt help, im trying to set up RAID 0 and i dont care about the data, ive tried every driver you can imagine, disc drivers, USB drivers, drivers from ASUS, drivers from AMD, custom drivers, all of them are unsigned.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Here's how to install Windows 7 using unsigned drivers:

• Copy your unsigned driver to USB stick or other media (you will probably need only one .inf and a .sys file)
• Start Windows 7 setup.
• At this point, Do Not Select 'Install' as your RAID controller will not be detected if it's not supported by Win7
• Click 'Repair'.
• Wait for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
• Click load driver.
• Point to your unsigned driver (the .inf file) you previously copied to USB stick or other media.
• Wait again for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
• Click the 'x' in the corner to close the repair mode.
• Click 'Install' to start the installation.
• Now your RAID controller and RAID Drives will be detected and there will be no warning of unsigned drivers.

raidonwin7

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

I've got the exact same problem.

Apparently tokencode's suggestion should work but I can't find the right drivers. It lets me select the drivers to load but then still doesn't find the drives or apparently load the drivers because they aren't the right ones??? - I'm looking in "RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" (contained in the downloaded driver files from ASUS website) and "DRIVERS\RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" from the CD.
What gives? Please tell me someone else found the correct files?

smoblikat

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

I figured it out, just use a retail version of windows 7.