Sign in with
Your question

Cant setup Win7 X64 on RAID

Last response: in Storage
June 18, 2011 2:46:34 PM

First time post, i usually go to OCN but im sick of they way they run their crappy site so now im rolling with the big dogs.

I have 2 WD640AAHLS in EAID0 on an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 and im trying to install win7, im sure my RAID is configured properly because i can view the array in the BIOS, if i go to the repair thing instead of just hitting install it tells me that my drivers are unrelated to my hardware so they cant be installed, and if i try to install the X64 drivers im told that they are unsigned so windows needs to be a jerk.

Anyone else with this problem?

More about : setup win7 x64 raid

a c 197 G Storage
June 18, 2011 2:51:05 PM

Let me look around i'll get back to you!
m
l
Related resources
a c 197 G Storage
June 18, 2011 2:57:29 PM

Let me look around i'll get back to you!
m
l
a c 197 G Storage
June 18, 2011 2:57:56 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Storage by Area51reopened
m
l
June 18, 2011 3:03:57 PM

Thanks for trying but that doesnt help, im trying to set up RAID 0 and i dont care about the data, ive tried every driver you can imagine, disc drivers, USB drivers, drivers from ASUS, drivers from AMD, custom drivers, all of them are unsigned.
m
l
a c 197 G Storage
June 18, 2011 3:12:44 PM

Did you enable in the bios?
m
l
June 18, 2011 3:18:33 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Did you enable in the bios?

Ya i set up my array in the BIOS and it shows up in the BIOS.
m
l
June 18, 2011 3:49:01 PM

Anyone with this mobo that has had similar problems.
m
l
a b G Storage
June 20, 2011 4:19:18 AM

Here's how to install Windows 7 using unsigned drivers:

• Copy your unsigned driver to USB stick or other media (you will probably need only one .inf and a .sys file)
• Start Windows 7 setup.
• At this point, Do Not Select 'Install' as your RAID controller will not be detected if it's not supported by Win7
• Click 'Repair'.
• Wait for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
• Click load driver.
• Point to your unsigned driver (the .inf file) you previously copied to USB stick or other media.
• Wait again for the pseudo-scanner to finish.
• Click the 'x' in the corner to close the repair mode.
• Click 'Install' to start the installation.
• Now your RAID controller and RAID Drives will be detected and there will be no warning of unsigned drivers.
m
l
July 3, 2011 5:56:06 PM

smoblikat said:
Anyone with this mobo that has had similar problems.

I've got the exact same problem.

Apparently tokencode's suggestion should work but I can't find the right drivers. It lets me select the drivers to load but then still doesn't find the drives or apparently load the drivers because they aren't the right ones??? - I'm looking in "RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" (contained in the downloaded driver files from ASUS website) and "DRIVERS\RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" from the CD.
What gives? Please tell me someone else found the correct files?
m
l
July 13, 2011 10:49:36 PM

raidonwin7 said:
I've got the exact same problem.

Apparently tokencode's suggestion should work but I can't find the right drivers. It lets me select the drivers to load but then still doesn't find the drives or apparently load the drivers because they aren't the right ones??? - I'm looking in "RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" (contained in the downloaded driver files from ASUS website) and "DRIVERS\RAID\AMD\DRIVER\DISK\RAID\WIN7\X64" from the CD.
What gives? Please tell me someone else found the correct files?

I figured it out, just use a retail version of windows 7.
m
l
!