help--can't use program without a: drive

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 15, 2004 12:44:10 AM

I spent my money on System Commander 7 and can't return it, but can't use it
because the Inspiron Dell replaced my old one with has no floppy drive, nor
provision to boot from an external floppy. The program requires that I use
floppy boot disk and boot section restore. V-Com didn't reply to my 2 e-mails
to tech support. Does anyone know a way to get around this problem? Thanks.

HANSTEIS@AOL.com (John Stanley)

More about : program drive

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 15, 2004 10:34:25 AM

HANSTEIS wrote:
> I spent my money on System Commander 7 and can't return it, but can't use it
> because the Inspiron Dell replaced my old one with has no floppy drive, nor
> provision to boot from an external floppy. The program requires that I use
> floppy boot disk and boot section restore. V-Com didn't reply to my 2 e-mails
> to tech support. Does anyone know a way to get around this problem? Thanks.
>
> HANSTEIS@AOL.com (John Stanley)

I have been using System Commander for years and I have never needed my
floppy drive. If memory serves, the programs suggests you create one or
two emergency diskettes during installation, but I believe this is only
an option. Is this what you are referring to? Not having those diskettes
is no big deal, although they can come in handy if you mess up your
partitions. But nothing that you cannot get around. You can email me
privately if you need some further assistance.

--
John Doue
!