Solution
You could put them in, but unless you already own that memory, get modules that require 1.8V to run properly. If you use those, you'll have to set the voltage manually to 2.2V. I presume that you already know, but don't install both DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time.
You could put them in, but unless you already own that memory, get modules that require 1.8V to run properly. If you use those, you'll have to set the voltage manually to 2.2V. I presume that you already know, but don't install both DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time.

Solution

xxxJCxxx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Great...thx. I thought I could do it mannually, but wasn't sure. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I can get the 2.2v RAM very cheap, half cost of 1.8v. I was just wondering if it was an option. I'm guessing it will run hotter too.

It depends on what RAM it is. Some RAM rated at 2.2V will run fine at 1.8V-2.0V with relaxed timings. It will definitely run hotter at 2.2V. If you have the part number, it's easy to check the specs. If it only runs at 2.2V, I'd stay away from it.