Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How much voltage set to nb, dram????

Tags:
  • AMD
  • DRAM
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 2, 2011 1:21:10 PM

Hello,
i have overclocked my cpu at
Amd phenom ii x6 1055t@ 3.6ghz(mobo.ASUS M4A78LT-M RAm:kingston 2x2gb ddr3 1333)
with stablity test
i have set my cpu freq to: 258x14=3612
cpu overvoltage: 1.42
vddnb overvolage: auto
and nb multipler: 8x
ht 1600mhz(in cpu id ht/nb is shown as 2058)
dram freq. 688mhz
dram timing: 9 9 9 25 34
so is there any need to increase voltage of nb or dram
thanx

More about : voltage set dram

November 2, 2011 1:42:13 PM

You should not need to change the voltage on your DRAM, make sure the voltages are set to the factory recommended (probably 1.5V...if you could give me the exact model of your memory I could tell you for sure) and leave it there.

Your NB voltage is the value that is going to be changed to make sure the DRAM is getting enough juice. Try starting it out at 1.35 and work your way down to find the stability point.

It also seems like your CPU voltage is a bit high. What kind of core temperatures are you getting at those settings?
m
0
l
November 3, 2011 10:35:48 AM

dalmvern said:
You should not need to change the voltage on your DRAM, make sure the voltages are set to the factory recommended (probably 1.5V...if you could give me the exact model of your memory I could tell you for sure) and leave it there.

Your NB voltage is the value that is going to be changed to make sure the DRAM is getting enough juice. Try starting it out at 1.35 and work your way down to find the stability point.

It also seems like your CPU voltage is a bit high. What kind of core temperatures are you getting at those settings?

So how much voltage of nb
and how to change
in bios
vddnb overvoltage. is show auto
m
0
l
Related resources
November 3, 2011 11:57:50 AM

I cant tell you exactly where to set the voltages, every overclock is different, but like I said, start the VDDNB out at 1.35V and run a stability test and if everything turns out right and you are happy with the temperatures (dont go over 65 C) then leave it alone. 3.6 GHz isnt a massive overclock so your temperatures should be well below 65C so it shouldnt be a problem to get it stable.

I am not sure if your processor is a Black Edition, but read through this post here, its invaluable for overclocking AMD cards. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-editi...

m
0
l
November 3, 2011 1:01:29 PM

dalmvern said:
I cant tell you exactly where to set the voltages, every overclock is different, but like I said, start the VDDNB out at 1.35V and run a stability test and if everything turns out right and you are happy with the temperatures (dont go over 65 C) then leave it alone. 3.6 GHz isnt a massive overclock so your temperatures should be well below 65C so it shouldnt be a problem to get it stable.

I am not sure if your processor is a Black Edition, but read through this post here, its invaluable for overclocking AMD cards. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-editi...

i have shift nb/ht freq to 2332
is it safe with auto voltage
m
0
l
November 3, 2011 1:07:01 PM

What kind of temperatures are your cores getting at full load?
m
0
l
November 3, 2011 5:04:32 PM

dalmvern said:
What kind of temperatures are your cores getting at full load?

at 4 hour stablity test
temp is below 56c
m
0
l
November 3, 2011 5:21:46 PM

Yes, leaving the voltage at auto is safe then.

Just out of curiosity, at what temperature do your cores run idle?
m
0
l
November 4, 2011 8:52:51 AM

dalmvern said:
Yes, leaving the voltage at auto is safe then.

Just out of curiosity, at what temperature do your cores run idle?

idle 35-37 at 3000 rpm
m
0
l
!