Add personal .wmv music to Sims 2 radio ??

I have put my .wmv files into the Techo folder in
Mydocs\eagames\sims2\music\techno folder. There are no other files in
these folders except for a settings one. The music will not play
in-game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm following the online
help at the sims2 site.

TY Mucho!
4 answers Last reply
More about personal music sims radio

    On 3 Aug 2005 14:40:16 -0700, "Stoli" <elite_watson@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I have put my .wmv files into the Techo folder in
    >Mydocs\eagames\sims2\music\techno folder. There are no other files in
    >these folders except for a settings one. The music will not play
    >in-game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm following the online
    >help at the sims2 site.
    >
    >TY Mucho!

    I thought they had to be mp3s? Or doesnt it matter?
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    Stoli wrote:

    > I have put my .wmv files into the Techo folder in
    > Mydocs\eagames\sims2\music\techno folder. There are no other files
    > in
    > these folders except for a settings one. The music will not play
    > in-game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm following the
    > online
    > help at the sims2 site.

    You must go to the sounds menu in-game, and tick the boxes of the
    songs you want to hear. Also, as Guardian Pegasus said, they might
    have to be MP3's, although I'm not sure about that neither.

    T.

    Taemon wrote:
    > Stoli wrote:
    >

    >>I have put my .wmv files into the Techo folder in
    >>Mydocs\eagames\sims2\music\techno folder. There are no other files
    >>in
    >>these folders except for a settings one. The music will not play
    >>in-game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm following the
    >>online
    >>help at the sims2 site.
    >

    > You must go to the sounds menu in-game, and tick the boxes of the
    > songs you want to hear. Also, as Guardian Pegasus said, they might
    > have to be MP3's, although I'm not sure about that neither.
    >
    > T.

    Nope. Mine aren't MP3s.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cnverted to MP3's and they show now.

    Thank you.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Taemon wrote:
    > > Stoli wrote:
    > >

    > >>I have put my .wmv files into the Techo folder in
    > >>Mydocs\eagames\sims2\music\techno folder. There are no other files
    > >>in
    > >>these folders except for a settings one. The music will not play
    > >>in-game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm following the
    > >>online
    > >>help at the sims2 site.
    > >

    > > You must go to the sounds menu in-game, and tick the boxes of the
    > > songs you want to hear. Also, as Guardian Pegasus said, they might
    > > have to be MP3's, although I'm not sure about that neither.
    > >
    > > T.
    > >

    > Nope. Mine aren't MP3s.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth