Asus P7P55D-E PRO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgeorge909

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Hey all,
I'm planning to build a new system from the ground up. So far, I haven't purchased any parts, just making plans and trying to get your expert opinions on these parts.

I'm leaning toward getting the Asus P7P55D-E PRO motherboard.
I'll be using the COre i7 860 CPU with this board.

From the reviews I've read and some forum reactions, its seems like this is a good choice for a motherboard.
Trouble I'm having is that I don't know enough about motherboards to realize what I'm gaining and also vice versa (not gaining) by going with the Asus P7P55D-E PRO.

What does the PRO not have that the other Asus P55 boards (EVO, Premium, etc.) have?

Thanks for the help...

Solution
The primary difference betwqeen the -e and the -e pro is that the Pro has true crossfire/SLI ability at x8/x8, whereas the plain -E will only do X16/X4.

The Deluxe, at least on newegg, has superior voltage control... it would OC better and also just be more robust, run cooler etc. However, the Deluxe apparently still has USB 2.0, and you should be buying USB 3.0/SATA 3 at this point so I think the -E pro is the way to go.
The primary difference betwqeen the -e and the -e pro is that the Pro has true crossfire/SLI ability at x8/x8, whereas the plain -E will only do X16/X4.

The Deluxe, at least on newegg, has superior voltage control... it would OC better and also just be more robust, run cooler etc. However, the Deluxe apparently still has USB 2.0, and you should be buying USB 3.0/SATA 3 at this point so I think the -E pro is the way to go.

Solution

lgeorge909

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Proximon, thanks for your response. The USB 3.0 was a big selling point on the -E....
I may not do any OC, but its a good feeling to know that I would have a MB in which I can do that, if needed

Are there any differences in the number or hard drives or drives I can connect?
Or number of fans I can hook up (although I think fans just plug into the psu but not 100% sure)?

My usage will be pretty basic in terms of trying to take this machine to its limits....but is there anything extra that I would get by going with the EVO or Premium?

Many fans are always best handled by a control panel anyway... I never worry about the number of fan headers. Yes, they can be run directly off the PSU.
one example, there are many to choose from:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999171&cm_re=Control_panel-_-11-999-171-_-Product

I pretty much covered importamt differences, but here is a side-by-side for you
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2%2050001315%2040000280%201070549182&bop=And&SpeTabStoreType=1&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=N82E16813131621%2CN82E16813131407%2CN82E16813131400

Status
Not open for further replies.