Sign in with
Your question

NVidia TNT2 M64 graphics cardw/32MB SDRAM video memory

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 17, 2009 5:17:51 AM

I am trying to find out if there is an upgrade for this that is Vista compatible. I don't want to pay too much, the computer is an old one. I don't need it for gaming just an improvement to watch netflix, and Hulu on my computer. I have an older monitor still.
September 17, 2009 5:26:06 PM

I had one of those, it`s an old card, what are the rest of the specs of the computer, maybe a new video card is not all you need for Vista.
September 17, 2009 8:42:35 PM

The computer is a HP pavilion 750n to which I have recently upgraded with 2gbs of memory. Vista is just using a generic adaptor and does not seem to be utilizing the present graphics card. It is not even using the monitor to its fullest capacity. The processor is a pentium 4 so I'm trying to decide which one to upgrade.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 17, 2009 9:32:07 PM

That system I believe is an AGP slot for the video card.
There should be a decent selection of cards which will work with Vista.
When I get home from the office later, I'll see if I can track you down some inexpensive selections.
September 19, 2009 12:46:05 AM

thanx, I'll keep checking back. Just disabled a bunch of add-ons from AT&T/Motive which I think has caused an improvement to the explorer, going to Hulu now to check.
a c 201 U Graphics card
September 19, 2009 12:49:57 AM

Consider an AGP 4650 because the PSU is likely crappy and not strong enough to handle a 3850. The 4650 should be able to do some light gaming and should handle vista with ease.
a b U Graphics card
September 19, 2009 2:36:12 AM

Realize also, its probably a 4x agp at best
September 19, 2009 9:05:09 PM

hunter315 said:
Consider an AGP 4650 because the PSU is likely crappy and not strong enough to handle a 3850. The 4650 should be able to do some light gaming and should handle vista with ease.

Thanx, I'm going to check out this agp 4650. I asked for some referrals from Tiger Direct but as you say, I think the PSU needed was too high for my system for the ones they gave me.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2009 8:25:22 PM

thanx
a c 363 U Graphics card
October 10, 2009 8:44:24 PM

How about some specs, your PC may actually be too old to run Vista even if you upgrade your video card.
November 13, 2009 7:49:55 PM

jaguarskx said:
How about some specs, your PC may actually be too old to run Vista even if you upgrade your video card.

I had already stated that I have Vista, Vista Basic which the Upgrade stated my computer was capable of running. I have even been rated as Premium capable but I'm not buying that. Also with Vista users with new computers had a lot of issues. After some service packs and updates from Microsoft occurring in the last half of this year improvements have been made. So I am making upgrades to the specs as the original post stated as well.
!