NVidia TNT2 M64 graphics cardw/32MB SDRAM video memory

I am trying to find out if there is an upgrade for this that is Vista compatible. I don't want to pay too much, the computer is an old one. I don't need it for gaming just an improvement to watch netflix, and Hulu on my computer. I have an older monitor still.
10 answers Last reply
More about nvidia tnt2 graphics cardw 32mb sdram video memory
  1. I had one of those, it`s an old card, what are the rest of the specs of the computer, maybe a new video card is not all you need for Vista.
  2. The computer is a HP pavilion 750n to which I have recently upgraded with 2gbs of memory. Vista is just using a generic adaptor and does not seem to be utilizing the present graphics card. It is not even using the monitor to its fullest capacity. The processor is a pentium 4 so I'm trying to decide which one to upgrade.
  3. That system I believe is an AGP slot for the video card.
    There should be a decent selection of cards which will work with Vista.
    When I get home from the office later, I'll see if I can track you down some inexpensive selections.
  4. thanx, I'll keep checking back. Just disabled a bunch of add-ons from AT&T/Motive which I think has caused an improvement to the explorer, going to Hulu now to check.
  5. Consider an AGP 4650 because the PSU is likely crappy and not strong enough to handle a 3850. The 4650 should be able to do some light gaming and should handle vista with ease.
  6. Realize also, its probably a 4x agp at best
  7. hunter315 said:
    Consider an AGP 4650 because the PSU is likely crappy and not strong enough to handle a 3850. The 4650 should be able to do some light gaming and should handle vista with ease.

Thanx, I'm going to check out this agp 4650. I asked for some referrals from Tiger Direct but as you say, I think the PSU needed was too high for my system for the ones they gave me.
  8. thanx
  9. How about some specs, your PC may actually be too old to run Vista even if you upgrade your video card.
  10. jaguarskx said:
    How about some specs, your PC may actually be too old to run Vista even if you upgrade your video card.

I had already stated that I have Vista, Vista Basic which the Upgrade stated my computer was capable of running. I have even been rated as Premium capable but I'm not buying that. Also with Vista users with new computers had a lot of issues. After some service packs and updates from Microsoft occurring in the last half of this year improvements have been made. So I am making upgrades to the specs as the original post stated as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Memory Computer Graphics