MSI or Formula 3 with 5770?

richarda83

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
So i am thinking about getting the MSI 790X-G45 AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard with a quadcore 955 black edition and am also thinking about a crosshair formula III motherboard. I heard the 5770 was huge and i dont wanna lose any slots. I am getting a antec 902 case so im hoping two of these guys wil fit without problems. now i see that the formula has dual x16 and doesnt display them as 8x by 8x. I know thats prob what they marketers who do new eggs summarys meant but why do some say one at 16x and the other at 16x whereas others say 16x 1 or 8x 8x 2? sorry i have a hard time explaing but i hope u understand. Which motherboard should i get, the formula is freaking pricy and i wanna overclock but to pay THAT much more money than the msi, motherboard selection help too, THANKS A BUNCH oh yeah and how BIG are those 5770s. which board would fit two better in a antec 902!

r_manic

Administrator
I think your best bet is to check with the actual manufacturer, what they say on their website. If that isn't detailed on their website, I suggest contacting them directly.

If only there was a site where manufacturers "vetted" the specs!