Intel Core i7 vs AMD Athlon

I'm getting a new laptop with a Core i7 720qm I was just wondering how much better is it compared to the AMD Turion TK 55?
10 answers Last reply
More about intel core athlon
  1. The CoreI7 is MUCH better in terms of performance then the Turion...
    The Turion should be MUCH more inexpensive...

They dont really compare.
  2. The turion TK-55 is crap, if you are in need of a laptop make sure it has an INTEL CPU.....
  3. That's like asking which is best a 'Kia Pride' or an 'Aston Martin DB9'...
  4. Devastator_uk said:
    That's like asking which is best a 'Kia Pride' or an 'Aston Martin DB9'...

ZOMG!! But the Kia has superior TDP and Energy Usage!! By comparison the DB9 is a Pig and therefore doesn't deserve a place in your datacenter!! ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!

Oh Yeah: ZOMG

You DB9 Fanboi.. :lol: :kaola:
  5. Aston Martin FTW!
  6. Devastator_uk said:
    That's like asking which is best a 'Kia Pride' or an 'Aston Martin DB9'...

lol +1 :D
  7. Scotteq said:
    ZOMG!! But the Kia has superior TDP and Energy Usage!! By comparison the DB9 is a Pig and therefore doesn't deserve a place in your datacenter!! ZOMGZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!

Oh Yeah: ZOMG

You DB9 Fanboi.. :lol: :kaola:

but then again, if you have the cash for such a vehicle you are not worrying about the TDP or energy usage [:thegreatgrapeape]
  8. OvrClkr said:
    but then again, if you have the cash for such a vehicle you are not worrying about the TDP or energy usage [:thegreatgrapeape]

..it's motor is TWO SIXES GLUED TOGETHER!!!!

DOUBLECHEEZEBURGER!!!!

GLORIFIED FORD!!! (Found On Road Dead... Fix or Repair Daily.... F*cked Over Rebuilt Dodge!!! )

OMGOMGOMG!!!
  9. yep^^ its definitely a DOUBLECHEEZEBURGER!!!! LMAO!!!
  10. The Intel Core i7 720QM has a 3DMark06CPU rating of 3084, while the AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-55 has a rating of 1316.
    Source: www.notebookcheck.net. See FAQ AND TIPS: Mobile Processors - Benchmarklist.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Laptops Intel i7 AMD Intel