Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Problem with Console Launcher Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Last response: in Components
November 19, 2009 5:33:01 PM

Here is my problem. I have a Creative X-fi XtremeGamer, the sound works, however I am unable to launch creative console launcher or the creative control panel, so I can't adjust EQ take advantage of the other features, etc. It was working before, however, I moved it to a different PCI slot, and now when I try to open the console launcher it says, "The current selected audio device is not supported by the application. Do you want to select another audio device now?" If I hit yes, it shows Creative SB X-Fi and that is all, I hit okay, same message. I have tried uninstalling the drivers through device manager, I have tried putting it back in the PCI slot it was initially in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been stumped for a couple of days now.

Using Windows 7 64bit

Thanks guys.
November 20, 2009 8:04:38 PM

Hi ominous prime

You could try installing the drivers in compatibility mode for Vista—here’s how: http://bit.ly/B0tCG

Hope this helps
GeoffV
Windows 7 Client Team

Score
November 20, 2009 8:14:51 PM

Should I try installing the drivers in compatibility mode, or the console launcher application? Or both? These drivers and console launcher say they're windows 7 compatible. I'll give it a try though. Thanks GeoffV.
Score
!