After installing windows 7 1gb 9500gt showing that it has 1779mb ram

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have a PALIT 1GB GE Force 9500GT SUPER+ graphics card. when i was using it in xp then it was showing that my 9500gt has 1gb(1024 mb) ram. but recently i am using windows 7 ultimate and now windows 7 is showing that my graphics card has 1779mb ram. 1gb ram in graphics card and 755mb ram is sharing from system memory. my question is that my nvidia 9500gt can not share ram from system memory but how in windows 7 it can share ram from system memory? Is it good for my hardwares? Is my graphics Card Shres Memory also? but In manual there has nothing about sharing memory from system memory. It Is Only Saying That it has 1 gb ddr2 ram.

Please help me ........................

Its down to how the two operating systems display the allocated memory as far as i can remember. If i am remembering it correctly its basically that W7 is being more honest or transparant with you. Instead of just listing the hardware allocation of Ram, and then dealing with the system ram in the background like XP does, its saying that it has that much reeserved for use. Thats not to say its used or using it at all it will use your cards memory first but it has sort of put a marker on the extra memory incase it needs it. If something else needs it and the card isnt already using it then it will still use it where needed.
I used to have a link to MS that explained it properly, maybe someone else can post it ?
How much Ram do you have by the way ?

Mactronix

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
i have 2gb ram. but i want to know that my graphics card has no facilitie of shareing memory from system, it has only 1gb ram it has no facilitie of shareing extra memory from system. Then how it can share ram from system please explain me . Is my PALIT 1GB GE Force 9500GT SUPER+ graphics card can share extra memory from system.