Memory bus speed

Premium 151

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Hiya, I got a problem with memory bus speed, the motherboard is a ASROCK Alive NF7G-Glan, processor is AMD Athlon x2 2.9GHz 5600, 3 gig of RAM 800 MHz, on the BIOS its saying memory is 533 MHz. Please Help, Thanks :)

Lutfij

Titan
have u set up the stix in dual channel? can u give more details of ur ram modules?

furthermore check wat CPU-z sez about ur memory in ur system...i'v seen many boards say one thing and then the cpu-z sez another.

Premium 151

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Hiya, The memory i'm using is by Kingston, KVR800D2 1gig, the other is a 2 gig of the same make, i've tried in single and duel channel comes up with the same 533, with what cons29 said about the BIOS i've looked all the main settings are greyed out can't change them, i've tried them in my other computer motherboard in the other is Gigabyte S-series GA-M52L-S3 it comes up as 800 MHz

Lutfij

Titan
i think its a problem with ur board...try going through the setings and see if u can select the grey parts, usually this means that u'd need to do a bios flash -getting the latest BIOS version from ur support site.

hopefully u'll see more features unlocked

Premium 151

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Hiya again :) I done the Bios update for the Asrock AliveNF7G-Glan motherboard, bus speed is still the same 533, still can't change memory bus speed not sure what to now :(