Sign in with
Your question

External hard drives

Last response: in Windows XP
February 4, 2012 4:30:06 AM

i have burned some files in a folder on external hard drive but now when i try to burn the rest or even the same ones i get a message" windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" and every thing freezes i am new to computers and would like to know what i did wrong and how to fix it the files are cartoons for my grandchildren back home that i would like to send copies too thank you for your help

More about : external hard drives

February 4, 2012 8:24:42 PM

halifaxjim said:
i have burned some files in a folder on external hard drive but now when i try to burn the rest or even the same ones i get a message" windows has encountered a problem and needs to close" and every thing freezes i am new to computers and would like to know what i did wrong and how to fix it the files are cartoons for my grandchildren back home that i would like to send copies too thank you for your help

You've burned some files which are located on an external drive onto DVD. Now, some of them (all the rest) won't?

Have you tried copying the files to your internal hard drive first?

It's asking a fair bit of your computer....try copying to your main hard drive and try again. It could make a difference.
m
l
!