Abit 45nm Processor Problem

FullaBullz

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Hi I have just replaced the CPU in my system with a Q9550 45nm 95w. My computer is running like crap and I get erroneous temperature readings on my CPU. I have narrowed the problem down to a compatibility issue with 45nm processors. Problem is I have flashed my bios, reset them, and reseated the CPU, replaced the CPU with a new Q9550 and end up where I started. According to Abit this processor IS compatible!!! I have read several forums and the BIOS 17 was supposed to fix this but it has not. Does anyone have any suggestions, I'm all out!

PS - Windows does not recognize the CPU either it says "unknown" in device manager.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Whats your PSU specification?

If your processor is not getting enough juice it could be causing the problems. Then again its only 95tdp..

If you're getting wierd temp readings that will be down to a lot of current going going through the cores randomly and then dropping down again which again suggests power supply..

Your motherboard could be a bit funny (maybe the power phase regulators); processors are statistically one of the least 'likely to fail' components in your computer providing they are plugged in correctly, especially 2 in a row...

FullaBullz

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
System Specs
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 present //// Intel Core 2 duo 1.83ghz not sure what # was
Abit IP 35 Pro
Kingston DDR2 1066 1gb x 4 Dual Channel 4gb RAM
Western Digital 150gb Raptor x 2 RAID 0 SATA
Western Digital 650gb Non Raid Backup SATA
NVIDIA 8800 GTX SLI x 2
Linksys Wireless PCI card
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Antec Smart Power 550

System ran stable for over 6 months with old CPU...
Again the only thing that changed was the CPU!!!

OCCT says my temps are around 40c at idle and steady 69-71c under 100% load...
Power readings are stable throughout test.

BUT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE MAINBOARD ERROR THINKING MY CPU IS OVERHEATED ALL THE TIME!!!! SO I DISSABLE THE FEATURE ON THE SYSTEM BOARD TO KEEP MY PC FROM SHUTTING DOWN, THEN I RUN THE RISK OF BURNING UP MY SYSTEM IF THE COOLING, VOLTAGE SPIKE... OR SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!