Overclocking i7 930 and SLi GTX 570

YellowBee

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Hi,
Have a question. Will I be able to overclock my GTX 570 in sli with this PSU aswell?
I have a Corsair AX850 Power Supply

What I have done so far:
Intel i7 930(Bloomfield) 2.8Ghz @ 4GHz

More hw:

12GB Ram
Sli GTX 570 (Stock settings)

Some more info:

unled1bsg.jpg

I would like to get it to GFX to: core 900/shader 1800/ memory 2200 @ 1.038v

But every time I try it and I load up a game the computer turns off. So Im not sure if it gets to hot or if the PSU is cant manage to coop.

I have orderd two Arctic Xtreme Plus II coolers for the GPU´s but havent installed it yet(those two cards souds like ***-ng airplain while playing:)

ANY help would be greatfull!

Thanks in advance,

YellowBee

The 570's havent shown themselves to be great overclockers.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_geforce_gtx_570_review/3.htm

Overclocking the GTX 570 was a challenge. After speaking to NVIDIA about the clock speeds to expect from this offering, the expectation was that it should overclock around the same as the GTX 580 since they are the same core. Of course every card produced will fall somewhere on a bell curve. You will have the overachievers on the far side of the curve, the underachievers at the start of the curve and all the rest falling somewhere in between on the "bell". I can't help but think that this card falls close to the underachievers side of the bell with a fully stable 53Mhz, or about 7% increase over the baseline 732MHz. The increase on the memory was just as slim with an increase 1013MHz, or an increase of 633MHz (6%). This makes this card officially the lowest overclocking "Fermi" derivative I have tested.

The Asus factory OC'd model did a bit better ... but not what you are looking for

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_gtx570_review/4.htm

The ASUS GTX 570 is a factory overclocked card, so I had high hopes for the clock speeds that this one would reach. NVIDIA's reference GTX 570 was able to reach clock speeds of 785MHz. Seeing as the ASUS GTX 570 was clocked just 43MHz below this, I knew it was going to surpass the reference overclock. In the end, we were able to up the core clock to an impressive 933MHz. Unfortunately we weren't able to get as large of an increase out of the memory clocks. We were however, able to up the memory speeds to 1092MHz. Last but not least, the shader clocks. The factory overclock put the ASUS GTX 570's shader clock at 1484MHz. We of course wanted to see a large increase in clock speeds, and that's just what we got. We were able to increase the shader clock speeds to 1866MHz.

Id use OCCT and run the GPU test ..... monitor temps with the vendor's overclocking utility

YellowBee

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Thx for your answer.

Ive read:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-sli-review/13

Before I bought it. There should be no problem oc the gpu. But my main question is will the PSU handle both the OC GPU and CPU.

"GeForce GTX 570 in 2-way SLI

A second card requires you to add another ~225 Watts. You need a 750+ Watt power supply unit if you use it in a high-end system (800+ to a KiloWatt is recommended if you plan on any over clocking).

What would happen if your PSU can't cope with the load? Here are some pointers:

bad 3D performance
crashing games
spontaneous reset or imminent shutdown of the PC
freezing during gameplay
PSU overload can cause it to break down"

I have a great PSU but can't it cope? :(