TS2: New TV channels!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=680853#post680853
>
> MTV, FOX, HBO, BET, Disney and Comedy Central hehehe

I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."

Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
you see when you're watching the challens?

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=680853#post680853
>>
>> MTV, FOX, HBO, BET, Disney and Comedy Central hehehe
>

> I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
> the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>
> Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
> you see when you're watching the challens?

....Err, channels.

And I haven't even started drinking yet today!

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=680853#post680853
>>>
>>> MTV, FOX, HBO, BET, Disney and Comedy Central hehehe
>>

>> I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not
>> include the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>>
>> Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the
>> movies you see when you're watching the challens?
>>

> ...Err, channels.
>
> And I haven't even started drinking yet today!

Yes, it was a challens to read that. <g>

Jeanie

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:40:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=680853#post680853
>>>
>>> MTV, FOX, HBO, BET, Disney and Comedy Central hehehe
>>

>> I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
>> the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>>
>> Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
>> you see when you're watching the challens?

The old blue and black pulsating light.

Apparently MTS2 is so afraid of being sued that they wont even allow
their users to discuss where to get content like that. What's needed
is 128x128 avis of max 15fps. I was hoping to host the files myself,
but they won't even allow that... sigh.

I'll see if I can find a way around it or get ahold of the files.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:40:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>>> I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
>>> the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>>>
>>> Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
>>> you see when you're watching the challens?
>
> The old blue and black pulsating light.
>
> Apparently MTS2 is so afraid of being sued that they wont even allow
> their users to discuss where to get content like that. What's needed
> is 128x128 avis of max 15fps. I was hoping to host the files myself,
> but they won't even allow that... sigh.
>
> I'll see if I can find a way around it or get ahold of the files.

Thank you that is all I needed to know.
I that a plain avi or a divx/xvid avi?

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:40:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>>> I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
>>> the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>>>
>>> Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
>>> you see when you're watching the challens?
>
> The old blue and black pulsating light.
>
> Apparently MTS2 is so afraid of being sued that they wont even allow
> their users to discuss where to get content like that. What's needed
> is 128x128 avis of max 15fps. I was hoping to host the files myself,
> but they won't even allow that... sigh.
>
> I'll see if I can find a way around it or get ahold of the files.

Yep read the forum, but in my country it is perfectly legal to download
copyright protected material for your own use. So pointing somebody
towards sites where you can download such material is in my view not
illegal.
(It`s still your decision to download it when you get their.)
Judges think differently I guess, but then they have a lot of money invested
in those companies through stocks bonds and what else you call those things.
;o)
So they have to protect their money investements and they do vigouresly.
But ofcourse those judges are impartial, ofcourse.<ahum>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Hmm who is Jack Thompson? and what has he pink flamingo done to you that he
deserves such a faith. ;o)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:26:00 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>> I'll see if I can find a way around it or get ahold of the files.
>
>Thank you that is all I needed to know.
>I that a plain avi or a divx/xvid avi?

I'm guessing vanilla, since an advanced compression like divx or xcid
would probably require too much CPU power :)
--

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:32:09 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:

>Yep read the forum, but in my country it is perfectly legal to download
>copyright protected material for your own use. So pointing somebody
>towards sites where you can download such material is in my view not
>illegal.

Same in my country. Unfortunately under US law it's also illegal to
point the way to said files, according to court rulings :-(

>Judges think differently I guess, but then they have a lot of money invested
>in those companies through stocks bonds and what else you call those things.
>;o)

Yeah, the US is corporate heaven. Companies can buy politicians and
therefore also the law, since they make it. Judges are pretty much
bound to the letter of the law.

>> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
>> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>
>Hmm who is Jack Thompson? and what has he pink flamingo done to you that he
>deserves such a faith. ;o)

Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground for
pedophiles". He's never even played the game.
--

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:06:14 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>The Flamingo can be a hacked object.

I figured I hold it in it's plastic toes and beat him with the sharp
plastic beak <grin>
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:40:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>>>I don't get it. Underneath the downloads it says "This does not include
>>>the movies. You must put your own avi's into the channels."
>>>
>>>Err, then what *does* it include? What else is there if not the movies
>>>you see when you're watching the challens?
>>

> The old blue and black pulsating light.

So what's the purpose of the above download then? Why not just get the
files you're looking for and that's it?

--
--Cuth

> On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:32:09 +0200, "D.E." <ask4myemail> wrote:
>
>>Yep read the forum, but in my country it is perfectly legal to download
>>copyright protected material for your own use. So pointing somebody
>>towards sites where you can download such material is in my view not
>>illegal.
>
> Same in my country. Unfortunately under US law it's also illegal to
> point the way to said files, according to court rulings :-(
>
>>Judges think differently I guess, but then they have a lot of money
>>invested
>>in those companies through stocks bonds and what else you call those
>>things.
>>;o)
>
> Yeah, the US is corporate heaven. Companies can buy politicians and
> therefore also the law, since they make it. Judges are pretty much
> bound to the letter of the law.
>
>>> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>>> beat
>>> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>>
>>Hmm who is Jack Thompson? and what has he pink flamingo done to you that
>>he
>>deserves such a faith. ;o)
>
> Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground for
> pedophiles". He's never even played the game.

Playground for phedophiles? So just because I like to play
Sims 2 I am a suspect? I mean, some people just take it to far.

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:40:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
>> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> The old blue and black pulsating light.
>
> So what's the purpose of the above download then? Why not just get
> the files you're looking for and that's it?

Maybe it changes the pie menu?

Jeanie

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>>> The old blue and black pulsating light.
>>
>> So what's the purpose of the above download then? Why not just
>> get the files you're looking for and that's it?
>
> Maybe it changes the pie menu?

That's precisely what it does.

--
Mike
You've got to be honest; if you can fake that, you've got it made.

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:04:45 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>So what's the purpose of the above download then? Why not just get the
>files you're looking for and that's it?

Like Jeanie says, it alters the pie menu... you actually have to
install files in three different locations within the game itself, not
the download folder or even my documents.
--

D.E. wrote:

> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> schreef in bericht

>>> Hmm who is Jack Thompson? and what has he pink flamingo done to you
>>> that he
>>> deserves such a faith. ;o)
>>

>> Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground for
>> pedophiles". He's never even played the game.
>

> Playground for phedophiles? So just because I like to play
> Sims 2 I am a suspect? I mean, some people just take it to far.

I agree. I do not feel he should project his own fantasies onto other
people. Just because the rest of us have morals and self discipline does
not mean we need to be protected from his mental illnesses.

-georg

Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in

> Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground
> for pedophiles". He's never even played the game.

Who is Jack Thompson? I ask because I'd truly /love/ to see someone
try and rationalize /that/ position.

--
Mike
"A fool and his money are soon elected."

Mike Andrade wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in
>

>>Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground
>>for pedophiles". He's never even played the game.
>>

> Who is Jack Thompson? I ask because I'd truly /love/ to see someone
> try and rationalize /that/ position.

Originally posted back on July 22nd, by Jeremy Reaban:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/22/news_6129609.html

Kelly

"Kelly C." <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote in

> Mike Andrade wrote:
>> Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in
>>

>>>Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground
>>>for pedophiles". He's never even played the game.
>>>

>> Who is Jack Thompson? I ask because I'd truly /love/ to see
>> someone try and rationalize /that/ position.
>>
> Originally posted back on July 22nd, by Jeremy Reaban:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/22/news_6129609.html

Did this guy get his law degree from Liberty University? What a
moron.

--
Mike
Abbott's Law

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:55:48 GMT, Mike Andrade <ma@box.invalid> wrote:

>Did this guy get his law degree from Liberty University? What a
>moron.

My best guess is that he's trying to make his career, by creating an
artificial set of circumstances for a high-profile case.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

"Kelly C." <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Mike Andrade wrote:
>> Guardian Pegasus <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in
>>>Jack Thompson wants The Sims 2 banned because it's a "playground
>>>for pedophiles". He's never even played the game.
>>>

>> Who is Jack Thompson? I ask because I'd truly /love/ to see someone
>> try and rationalize /that/ position.
> Originally posted back on July 22nd, by Jeremy Reaban:
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/22/news_6129609.html

He`s a nutter, any game these days has mod`s, so that means that any
game could have brought things into it which aren`t according to the
ratings.
So all games should have a very high rating?