Messy Cable Management An Issue?

ckaz

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
During my research I have been noticing people talking about cable management, but I always thought it was personal preference. Me, I didn't care for it at all, in the slightest (my cables are all in a bunch wherever I could fit them while still closing my case), but I caught on to this rumor (maybe not, you tell me) that it affects airflow. I'm not running anything major, and the things that would deserve more attention, I made sure to give more attention i.e. my vid card is the Sapphire vapor-x 4870. I made sure that since it was a powerful card, it had proper cooling. I am running three 120mm fans in the case anyways so besides cosmetic reasons, for the well being of my computer, do I need to manage my cables.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Well, cool hardware is happy hardware. It probably will not make an incredible difference, unless you have a big wad of cables blocking your intake, but you should still see a difference. Those little zip ties, or even twist ties are your friend, some cases offer space for cables to keep them out of the way, but usually just running them along the edges of the case is sufficient.

I would definitely neaten things up, because keeping everything cooler will extend the longevity of the computer.