Compaq Hard drive replacement

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 16, 2004 12:40:47 AM

Can anyone please let me know how to open Compaq Presario 1800 notebook.
I need to replace hard drive. After removing all screws from the bottom, I
cannot open it and cannot find any other access.
Please help. Post or emal zkogl@comcast.net.

Thank you very much for your time.

Zac
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 16, 2004 1:06:32 AM

Hi Zac,

There are 4 screws on the bottom near the front of the machine. Remove them then lift off the palm rest. The hard disk sits on
the left side. Note that the replacement drive must be 9.5mm maximum height.

Ciao . . .
C.Joseph

++ Let know man judge me until . . .
he has walked the road I have . . .