Thermaltake bigwater 12cm liquid cooling or cosrair h50

intruda119

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Im currently about to build my 2nd gaming computer and was going to reuse my corsair h50. I was cleaning the closet and forgot about a old computer someone just gave to me. long story short i pulled off a decent looking cooling system. Now i know nothing about liquid cooling system besides h50 and couple hours of youtube today.

I dont know what im sitting on, maybe a gold mine or a lump of coal. I actually had good sucess with the h50 and my 3ghz q6600 idle at low 30s. Is this thermaltake system worth cleaning and adding to my new system.

New build
Amd x6 1090t w a little oc maybe
8gb ram
Xfx 6950 2gb
Corsair 750w psu
Mid tower-i think rosewood defender case with some dremel mods hopefully

I will receive parts tomorrow and if theres no doa parts i plan on building.
This is the cooling system
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Liquid/DIY/cl-w0005-01/cl-w0005-01.asp

It needs some new tubes and a good cleaning. Thanks in advqnce.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Neither- if you have to choose one, the H50 over the Bigwater. Thermaltake makes lousy watercooling gear...if you even want to call it that. The H50 isn't actual watercooling, its more of a hybrid liquid cooler that works on similar principles as watercooling. The H50's were known to have poor pumps (as most Corsair H-series still do) which failed. They also were one of the LCS coolers known to have leaking issues as well.

SushiDragon

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Some air coolers are better than the H Series coolers. Not to say that they are FANTASTIC coolers, but I've seen Megahalems beat the H50s. Well, to be more exact, they are are of equal performance.

Anyway, stay away from Thermaltake their products make terrible marks on any comparison with WC setups equal to their price.