Having trouble deciding on a CPU Block

SecretCobraz

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Hey guys I am planning on building a Liquid cooling Loop for my next build (Very Soon).

I am having Trouble deciding on Water Blocks.

At the moment I have narrowed it down to 2 Blocks;

The First being the EK Supreme HF Universal, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8525/ex-blc-569/EK_Supreme_HF_Universal_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_w_Easy_Mount_Kit_-_Rev_2_-_Acetal_Sockets_775_1156_1366_939_940_754_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

!B8bpwtg!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKi8EyuFhS3YQBM3CYUCZk!~~_1.JPG

And the Second being Swiftech's new Apogee HD, in White. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14366/ex-blc-1001/Swiftech_Apogee_HD_High_Performance_4-Port_CPU_Waterblock_-_White_-_Intel_AMD_Ready_Apogee-HD-WT.html

x6402_09_swiftech_unveils_apogee_hd_flagship_cpu_waterblock_and_mcrx20_drive_rev_3_radiator.jpg.pagespeed.ic.i1rmQZGED4.jpg

Both Blocks look very nice but the EK has a much cleaner look, while the Swiftech in White does look pretty cool.
I am going with a Pure Black case (800D) and a Black/Red Mobo (Asus Maximums Extreme-Z). The EX Block would look a lot nicer with this setup but the Apogee series has shown better flow-rate up to 30% from what I have heard at least.

Love to hear your guys views on this.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Last I checked the EK HF Supreme is the block to beat, don't know if that's changed. I have the Supreme and will definitely vouch for it. Keeps my CPU at around 27C ish idle (need to properly bench it though)

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

The Raystorm is the current champ but like Rubix says the difference doesn't really matter. Go with the cheapest or if looks are important to you go with the prettiest.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I don't think you would really be disappointed with the majority of blocks out there...it's mostly a matter of preference in looks and price for your budget. I think too many people get wrapped up in nitpicking this or that based on very minor differences. I'd just look up flow rates and determine the best price/performance curve based on your needs.