Full water block for 285 question

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
So I've read through the articles in the canned response to water cooling questions. Still have a lot to learn, but here is my first question, regarding a block for a 285.

I was looking at the evga hydro copper 295, but would rather stick with a single 285 for now, with an additional one down the line. I can't find a hydro copper 285 version, but I can find the block.

linked article

The article above had some vga blocks listed, and the highest rated was by EK, however I only found EK blocks for older cards like the 8800. It looks like all the stores that sell EK blocks are in the UK.

So, is the EVGA hydro copper decent, or is the EK block that much better? If so, where can I get one in the US?

I plan to run a seperate loop for the video cards, though I may start with a single loop for the cpu, graphics, and chipset, so restriction is a concern.

xaira

Distinguished
graphics cards produce a great deal of heat, i hope u have a monster radiator, i was looking for a gtx285 with a wb pre installed, its wierd that the most powerfull single gpu dosent come with a wb

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

Yeah haven't figured out what I am going to use for a radiator. My main concern is noise reduction, with OCing a second goal. The case I am looking at has mounts already for two radiators, thus the plan to do two loops.