Sign in with
Your question

An exact bootable copy hard drive

Last response: in Storage
June 20, 2011 2:13:54 PM

I thought the answer to this would be much simpler than it seems to be. I've been googling around and researching for about a week now trying to figure out how you can make an exact bootable replica of a hard drive. Preferably, for free.

I have a 500GB hard drive in my PC and an external USB hard drive (500GB). I want to make it an exact replica so that if my computer ever crashes, I can just stick it in my computer and it will go.

The only program I have found that even has this ability is DriveImage XL, but when I attempted it I got an error that I chased for a day, to no avail (something about the drives being locked). I'm guessing there must be a simpler solution out there than chasing this weird error.

Please let me know!
a c 371 G Storage
June 20, 2011 2:42:24 PM

You want to clone your drive. There is a lot of software out ther that will do this. Try clonezilla, it's free.

http://www.clonezilla.org/
June 20, 2011 2:45:56 PM

Wow, after all the research I did I never came across this software. I'll try it and get back to you. Thanks.
Related resources
November 14, 2012 4:44:12 AM

Tell you a good news, I found a very good Copy entire Hard Drive to a new HDD or SSD, Totally migrate OS & Data!
If you would like to know more about Hard Drive Copy, please refer to its official website: AppleXsoft Hard Drive Copy
!