Game problems with Intel G33 chipset, what card?

Ive been trying to play games with my newish computer lately and have had bad results with the Intel G33 chipset onboard graphic card (128).

Computer:

Hp P6177c

Processor: Core 2 Quad Q8200 (Y) 2.33 GHz (95W). 1333 MHz front side bus. Socket 775

Chipset(AND graphic card): Intel G33 Express

Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB

Power supply: 300watt

RAM: 8gigs of 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Harddrives: 2/ 1G SATA 3g.

Expansion: 1 PCI slot, 1 PCI Express x16 slot, and 1 PCI Express x1 slot

It locks up trying to play Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Unreal 3. I get video errors when it freezes as well. Windows closes the program on its own.

So i assume my onboard card is garbage.

What graphic card should i get? i know i dont need anything TO much but i dont mind spending a hundred or 2. Should i also replace my power supply to support it better?
2 answers Last reply
More about game problems intel chipset card
  1. onboard graphics always suck i know im using it right now cause my graphic card died

those games need a decent card but also future games so get something with about 1 gig of ram onboard check out the ati 4000 cards which should also be dropping in price soon as the new 5xxx cards come out
    o yea and get a 450w power supply at least

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7356.html
  2. Ditto on sirkillalot. Though if you want to keep your PSU, you can get a Radeon 4550 or a GeForce 8500GT/9400GT, the best cards still being made that can run on your 300W PSU.

Otherwise, get a new PSU that supports whatever GPU you feel like buying.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Chipsets Intel Graphics