AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Windows Experience Index Rating (Windows 7)

kirovdust

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I have 2 identical PC rigs:

- AMD Athlon X2 64 5200+ 2.70Ghz
- 2GB RAM
- Asus M2A-MX with an onboard ATi Radeon x1200
- 250GB HDD
- Windows 7 Ultimate

I have installed Windows 7 on both PCs and had done the rating assessment (Windows Experience Index) on both PCs. However, the first PC has a rating of 2.0 for processor, but the second one got 5.8. What is wrong with the first one? It also shows high CPU usage than the second one. Can somebody please enlighten me about this? Is there any way I could fix this?

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
I have that same processor. Make sure both cores are working and AMD Cool N' Quiet is disabled. Also, make sure you're not doing anything when running the Windows 7 rating. BYW, Windows 7 rating is B.S. It's not a real benchmarking tool. Don't be worried if your scores are low. That's Micorsoft's way of saying you need to buy new stuff.

kirovdust

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

OK.. I just wondering is it possible that this problem could be happening due to damage on MoBo or the processor itself? because if it is possible, I'll be damn worried then. I noticed that there is a serious lag with the first PC when playing games, even a simple game like the windows games and even the old good monopoly game. At first I thought it is due to graphic card issue, but when I figured out that the second PC has higher rating and better respond when playing games, I started wo get worried. Both PCs are very identical..I try to hope you are right, but I think i need more explanation on this.

BTW, I've checked with CPU-Z, both core are working. Here's the screenshot:

cpui.jpg

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Well, if your CPU is slow during games, then I think you got a bad CPU. I would RMA it. AMD took 1 week RMA my processor. They even sent me a better one because the one I RMA'd wasn't in production anymore.

kirovdust

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

Is there any possible way to determine whether the processor is bad? I mean, any diagnosis software, etc..because i really need to be sure about that.

G

hey i'm having the same problem, same processor too, just got it upgraded and it only gets a 2.9 in index... check in your devices list and see if your has the coprocessor driver installed, cause mine doesn't and i was wondering if that would be the problem...

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
You've only provide one screen shot but you said there were two machines. Look in windows power settings advanced and make sure both are identical. Shouldn't be a bios update issue as both are identical.
In the start command box type msconfig and press enter, click advanced, boot options and make sure cpu and ram options are unchecked.

G

19092685.jpg

this is what i got didn't touch anything, could it have been updated wrong? my friend did it for me and to my knowledge he had to re-install all of the drivers, i was wondering if he missed anything, like i said before the only one my pc tells me i dont have is the coprocessor driver so i was wondering if that was it and if so where do i find it?

illegaal

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
hi every1 :)
just browsed information about my pc and about the cool n quiet stuff and ended up here reading ur worrie

my pc configs are pretty same tho running W7 64 bit ultimate and 4 gigs ram + radeon HD 3685 club 3 D ( 512 )

right after i installed W7 i runned this indexing and i remember i got seriously low value like u did and started looking whats wrong .... the drivers what came with the pc werent compatible with 64 bit windows 7 at first place ... so i had to install everything manually and one prog called something dualcore optimizor by AMD fixed my problem with offline and online games and now i havent accured any lag coz of cpu :)

windows exp. index is 5,8 now
Capture.JPG