TS2: Family relations...

How 'distant' must sims be, genetically, from their potential mates?
Can cousins marry? Can people marry at all as long as they are
genetically related, even if it's a quadrillion generations? Trying to
figure out how many sims I need to create a self sustaining population
:-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
3 answers Last reply

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > How 'distant' must sims be, genetically, from their potential mates?
    > Can cousins marry? Can people marry at all as long as they are
    > genetically related, even if it's a quadrillion generations?

    You can't marry if the little family sign is there. It will be there for
    cousins and aunts and uncles but a Sim has no qualms about jumping in the
    sack with great uncles and aunts and cousins once removed and second
    cousins.

    Gareeth

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:49:08 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >You can't marry if the little family sign is there. It will be there for
    >cousins and aunts and uncles but a Sim has no qualms about jumping in the
    >sack with great uncles and aunts and cousins once removed and second
    >cousins.

    Excellent, thanks! Then it works pretty much like real life LOL, at
    least in the bigger cities and towns :-P

    Of course, using the debugging cheat you can have a baby with anyone.
    I suppose even yourself. Does anyone know if there is any genetic
    "mutation" in the sims? If you have a sim have a baby with him or
    herself, would they be identical? Very interesting question... I may
    put my mad scientist on this right away! CLONING!
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    Georg said:

    "If you become pregnant by yourself, you have a baby of opposite
    gender. Everything else is likely to be the same."

    Yes, that's apparently the Brandi Broke Syndrome (her 3rd baby is
    actually a male clone of herself, rather than genetically linked to
    Skip Broke at all)

    ~*~
    vecki

Sims Games Video Games