TS2: Family relations...

Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2005 1:01:19 PM

How 'distant' must sims be, genetically, from their potential mates?
Can cousins marry? Can people marry at all as long as they are
genetically related, even if it's a quadrillion generations? Trying to
figure out how many sims I need to create a self sustaining population
:-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

More about : ts2 family relations

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:01:20 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> How 'distant' must sims be, genetically, from their potential mates?
> Can cousins marry? Can people marry at all as long as they are
> genetically related, even if it's a quadrillion generations?

You can't marry if the little family sign is there. It will be there for
cousins and aunts and uncles but a Sim has no qualms about jumping in the
sack with great uncles and aunts and cousins once removed and second
cousins.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:15:42 PM

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:49:08 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>You can't marry if the little family sign is there. It will be there for
>cousins and aunts and uncles but a Sim has no qualms about jumping in the
>sack with great uncles and aunts and cousins once removed and second
>cousins.

Excellent, thanks! Then it works pretty much like real life LOL, at
least in the bigger cities and towns :-P

Of course, using the debugging cheat you can have a baby with anyone.
I suppose even yourself. Does anyone know if there is any genetic
"mutation" in the sims? If you have a sim have a baby with him or
herself, would they be identical? Very interesting question... I may
put my mad scientist on this right away! CLONING!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 8:23:34 PM

Georg said:

"If you become pregnant by yourself, you have a baby of opposite
gender. Everything else is likely to be the same."

Yes, that's apparently the Brandi Broke Syndrome (her 3rd baby is
actually a male clone of herself, rather than genetically linked to
Skip Broke at all)

~*~
vecki
!