I5-2500k P95 error question

doublepedaldylan

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Quick question, following the Toms' OC guide, and had to start adjusting voltages when I hit 4.3 GHz.
Made it past that fine, and now into 4.4, and I'm getting errors on Prime95 within the first 15 minutes.

Thing that concerns me is every time I've run into an error, it's on the 4th worker (5th time now I think). This has been on different settings, starting first error adjusting the multiplier, to adjusting Vcore. Should I be concerned with this?

Also, side question, at what point do I decide to adjust something other than multiplier and Vcore?

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure about that? I have exactly same issue as the OP, just at lower clocks (maximum I've achieved was 4 GHz). I was going to push higher next week when my aftermarket cooler arrived, but at the moment stock cooler seems to cope with the heat. Anyway, I didn't overclock my ram, it's Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz.

doublepedaldylan

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

not sure what this means, or how it applies to worker 3 (out of workers 0-3) failing whenever I run into an error.
If you could explain it would be helpful. will read the linked articles when I have more time.

doublepedaldylan

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Doing blend test, but from what I remember, I was running large before and having the same problem. I moved up to 4.6 today, and had the same worker have an issue just now (and all day for that matter) after 2.5 hours. Going to bump up Vcore one more time.

Guys could anyone answer my question? I haven't overclocked my RAM, they're at stock 1.65V, 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-24. It's stable in prime95 when my cpu is overclocked at 4.0GHz, but if I go 4.1 GHz, blend test fails within 5 minutes. Are you sure blend test failing MUST be RAM fault? It's a brand new computer, built it a week ago.