CCC won't load in Windows 7?

doakwolf

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Hi all,

I've just noticed CCC won't load in Windows 7 (RC7100 64bit) any more. I'm 99% sure it used to. Though I do dual boot so I could be wrong/ confused.

I'm also seeing the below error message when Windows loads (this is only happening since installing 9.9 drivers but remains when rolling back to previous versions)

CCC.jpg

Any clues?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers 9.6, 9.7, 9.8 and 9.9. No fix so far. All drivers have been downloaded direct from ATI.com.

When uninstalling I do the following:

1) uninstall all ATI
2) restart in safe mode
3) run driver sweeper and remove all ATI
4) reboot and install ATI drivers

I'm stuck.

Cheers!
Jero.

When you uninstall CCC, run some sort of registry cleaner. I had that happen before in XP where no matter how many times I uninstalled, it wouldn't start. One sweep of the registry after uninstall, then normal reinstall, and all is good. I don't know how exactly to do this on 7 (is it the same as XP/Vista?).

doakwolf

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Hi again,

I found the problem - it was my DisplayLink driver causing the issue (I recently installed a iMo 7" USB monitor).

Thanks for your help / suggestions. My workaround is to forget about CCC and instead use GPU Tool to overclock/ monitor temps etc.

That said, my (near brand new) iMo screen has failed so it's gotta go away for repair/ refund now anyway. So I've uninstalled the drive and have got CCC working just fine for now.

Cheers,
Jero.