Closed

Sims 2: Best site for nude skins?

Last response: in Video Games
August 6, 2005 6:32:57 AM

I finally got the Sims 2 running on my PC. I gave the DVD to a friend
to try on his computer & he was able to get it installed & running
without a problem. So I took my PC to his house & he tried putting my
DVD drive on his PC--the game wouldn't work. He put his DVD drive in
my PC--the game worked. So now I have a new DVD drive in my PC and
I'm able to play the game!

So where is the best site to get realistic default skins for the game,
as well as a no-censor patch? And how about programs for managing
downloads & such?

I'm planning on upgrading my video card now that I know for certain I
can play the game. I've already asked that question in this forum so
I don't need help with that one.

Thanks.
-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

More about : sims site nude skins

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:29:15 PM

I got a default mesh with male bits from mod the sims 2 (Duddly's mesh
though there are newer ones now). The mesh works with a variety of skins.
Personally, I liked ones from:

Merco
http://www.hairfish.com/mermaidcove/
Alan Akbar (large range of different ethnic skins here)
http://sims2.mine.nu/
Duddly defaults
http://forums.modthesims2.com/index.php?
AMS
http://www.alle-meine-sims2.de/
Paradise
http://www.paradisesims.com/
Kamma
http://www.adult-sims2.dk/

I liked these because they did realistic skins for all ages (from teenager
and up) and both sexes and there is quite a lot of variety in skin tones and
hairiness. If you get one set of defaults (the Paradise defaults work well
with a large variety of meshes though I have a soft spot for Duddly), your
Maxis sims and any sims using the Maxis skin tones will change to these and
then any extra you can just have as a custom skin tone (i.e. don't get the
default version of the files and these will show up in the custom bucket -
the one with the little star/flower). I've had a look at a fair few more
but what I hate is when the maker only makes one of the ages 'realistic'
(usually the adult or teen female - yawn) whilst leaving the rest like
mannequins. I similarly hate it when makers do this with hair skins - I
won't download any more now that aren't worked through all the age stages
properly unless they're very special, having spent 3 days correcting all the
custom hair skins I had.

Best wishes
maxon

"Dreamspinner3" <dreamspinner3@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I finally got the Sims 2 running on my PC. I gave the DVD to a friend
> to try on his computer & he was able to get it installed & running
> without a problem. So I took my PC to his house & he tried putting my
> DVD drive on his PC--the game wouldn't work. He put his DVD drive in
> my PC--the game worked. So now I have a new DVD drive in my PC and
> I'm able to play the game!
>
> So where is the best site to get realistic default skins for the game,
> as well as a no-censor patch? And how about programs for managing
> downloads & such?
>
> I'm planning on upgrading my video card now that I know for certain I
> can play the game. I've already asked that question in this forum so
> I don't need help with that one.
>
> Thanks.
> -----
> Kim/Dreamspinner3
> Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:44:29 PM

Dreamspinner3 wrote:
> I finally got the Sims 2 running on my PC. I gave the DVD to a friend
> to try on his computer & he was able to get it installed & running
> without a problem. So I took my PC to his house & he tried putting my
> DVD drive on his PC--the game wouldn't work. He put his DVD drive in
> my PC--the game worked. So now I have a new DVD drive in my PC and
> I'm able to play the game!
>
> So where is the best site to get realistic default skins for the game,
> as well as a no-censor patch? And how about programs for managing
> downloads & such?

Careful. You might wind up with a Florida lawyer on your tail!

--
--Cuth
August 8, 2005 5:24:08 AM

Yes that's right as long as they are a default replacement mesh - I can't
imagine why the Exnem skins won't work the same way. Unless they've not
been made as default replacements, I guess.

Best wishes
maxon

"Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Okay - so the meshes from there will work with any textures (including the
> Maxis ones?) That's good - I have the Exnem ones already but they only
work
> with the Exnem skins.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:41:10 AM

> Yes that's right as long as they are a default replacement mesh - I can't
> imagine why the Exnem skins won't work the same way. Unless they've not
> been made as default replacements, I guess.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Yeah, they don't replace the Maxis ones - the Maxis fleshtones are still
available, but if you use one it's a Ken doll. I'm bored with every guy I
create having the same body and skin (even though I do quite like the Exnen
ones) but I'd like to have some tattoos, different fleshtones etc.etc. And
right now all the Maxis made characters in the game are of course doomed to
Ken-ville.

> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Okay - so the meshes from there will work with any textures (including
the
> > Maxis ones?) That's good - I have the Exnem ones already but they only
> work
> > with the Exnem skins.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 7:28:06 AM

"Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in news:2rzJe.2906$RS.1010
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Thanks for everything!

Enjoy the wonder that is MTS2 :)

--
Mike
Abbott's Law

"Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in news:2rzJe.2906$RS.1010
> @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>
> > Thanks for everything!
>
> Enjoy the wonder that is MTS2 :)

I'm trying - downloaded some clothing - can't seem to find any "adult" files
though (yes, my age is in my profile and I am 35.) I found an "Adult" forum
but it was just a bunch of band t-shirts for adults.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:34:11 AM

Carin wrote:
> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in news:2rzJe.2906$RS.1010
>> @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>>
>>> Thanks for everything!
>>
>> Enjoy the wonder that is MTS2 :)
>>
> I'm trying - downloaded some clothing - can't seem to find any
> "adult" files though (yes, my age is in my profile and I am 35.) I
> found an "Adult" forum but it was just a bunch of band t-shirts for
> adults.

If you have your age in your profile entered correctly, you should see the
adult sections at the bottom of this page.

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 12:31:26 PM

anyone know how to take the exnen skins and mesh and make it clothes
rather than default nudes? i have a mac and can never see them nude
cause the ratzenfrackin nude cheat doesn't work. so the only way i'll
ever see them is if i make them their pajamas or swimsuit or something.
i have nude skins from somewhere, don't remember where i got them, and
i somehow got them to be underwear and swimsuits but i have no idea how
i did that or if they did it for me.
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:50:42 PM

I'm not sure what you do to make the mesh the default one - in Sims1 it was
a case of renaming the file so that it had the same name as the Maxis
default and making sure that the cmx file was properly configured interally.
The game would then pick up the file from your Skins folder and use that
instead of the one that came with the game. I'm pretty sure it's the same
with Sims 2 but I'm not sure whether or not you have to change the files
internally as well. You could probably find information about that at MTS2.

> > Yes that's right as long as they are a default replacement mesh - I
can't
> > imagine why the Exnem skins won't work the same way. Unless they've not
> > been made as default replacements, I guess.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon
> >

> Yeah, they don't replace the Maxis ones - the Maxis fleshtones are still
> available, but if you use one it's a Ken doll. I'm bored with every guy I
> create having the same body and skin (even though I do quite like the
Exnen
> ones) but I'd like to have some tattoos, different fleshtones etc.etc.
And
> right now all the Maxis made characters in the game are of course doomed
> Ken-ville.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:33:30 PM

If you look closely in your profile you will also find a check box you have
to "tick" to get access to the adult files.

Ern

> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in news:2rzJe.2906$RS.1010
>> @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
>>
>> > Thanks for everything!
>>
>> Enjoy the wonder that is MTS2 :)
>>
> I'm trying - downloaded some clothing - can't seem to find any "adult"
> files
> though (yes, my age is in my profile and I am 35.) I found an "Adult"
> forum
> but it was just a bunch of band t-shirts for adults.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:33:31 PM

"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you look closely in your profile you will also find a check box you
have
> to "tick" to get access to the adult files.
>
> Ern

Thank you! Duh!

> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> >> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in news:2rzJe.2906$RS.1010
> >> @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> >> Enjoy the wonder that is MTS2 :)
> >>
> > I'm trying - downloaded some clothing - can't seem to find any "adult"
> > files
> > though (yes, my age is in my profile and I am 35.) I found an "Adult"
> > forum
> > but it was just a bunch of band t-shirts for adults.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 6:48:48 PM

thanks for the info, maxon. i did send exnen an email a week or so ago
on this and never heard from him/her so i don't know. i do have nude
meshes and skins that i'm using for swimsuits, i wish i could remember
where i got them. they are all dangly, but they look like they're made
out of clay, they're hairless and textureless etc. it's like the ken
skin on a dangly mesh.

oh well, thanks again!
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 8:17:47 PM

It took me ages to find that one out!! LOL

--
Rhiannon

> "Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If you look closely in your profile you will also find a check box you
> have
>> to "tick" to get access to the adult files.
>>
>> Ern
>>

> Thank you! Duh!
>

>> "Carin" <waverly94@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message

>> > I'm trying - downloaded some clothing - can't seem to find any "adult"
>> > files
>> > though (yes, my age is in my profile and I am 35.) I found an "Adult"
>> > forum
>> > but it was just a bunch of band t-shirts for adults.

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:36:51 PM

Well, there are plenty of nude clothes out there but you won't see the
dangly bits because although the clothes are see-through and you see the
body skin texture underneath, the clothes mesh is still there and that's the
shape you see. It should be possible to make a nude mesh into a mesh for
clothing which you could then make nude clothes for (this is the easiest bit
of skinning there is BTW) but I'm not sure anyone has done it. Why don't
you contact Exnen and ask if he/she would be willing to do it?

Best wishes
maxon

<moochachanyc@mac.com> wrote in message
> anyone know how to take the exnen skins and mesh and make it clothes
> rather than default nudes? i have a mac and can never see them nude
> cause the ratzenfrackin nude cheat doesn't work. so the only way i'll
> ever see them is if i make them their pajamas or swimsuit or something.
> i have nude skins from somewhere, don't remember where i got them, and
> i somehow got them to be underwear and swimsuits but i have no idea how
> i did that or if they did it for me.

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 1:16:02 PM

Oh that should be easy enough to fix - or at least get a version with hair.
You can either make a new skin for that mesh (export in Bodyshop, have fun
with Paint Shop Pro or some other good paint programme and import the new
skin) or use one of the textures you have downloaded and paste it over the
muddy texture (export in Bodyshop, find the muddy texture, find the texture
for the custom skin (this might also have to be exported with Bodyshop),
make sure the textures map (i.e. the bits are in the same place - they
should be with body skins), overwrite, reimport). You might want to delete
the original texture - but be careful sometimes they are linked to the
mesh - make sure you downloaded a separate mesh when you downloaded the skin
and you should be good to go.

> thanks for the info, maxon. i did send exnen an email a week or so ago
> on this and never heard from him/her so i don't know. i do have nude
> meshes and skins that i'm using for swimsuits, i wish i could remember
> where i got them. they are all dangly, but they look like they're made
> out of clay, they're hairless and textureless etc. it's like the ken
> skin on a dangly mesh.
>
> oh well, thanks again!

August 23, 2010 2:46:14 AM

I can't find the duddly default linked in the second post :/
August 23, 2010 9:58:33 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!