jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Well, I went to purchase the PC today that you guys/gals helped me find a price on, and I ran away!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/270299-31-what-offer

I knew the machine was new, so when I first went to look at it, I didn't look incredibly close at it, but when I returned with cash in hand, I looked much closer. (im incredibly frugal. not cheap, but frugal.)

This guy was most definitely trying to shaft me. When I went the first time, I asked him for the invoice for the "new" parts he had built this machine with, and he provided it to me, and I checked every major component for consistency with the invoice. I went as far as checking both sticks of ram. Well, I came back, and told him I wanted to pop it open again and check it out. There was a different PSU in there. There was only one stick of ram in there. The video card was "MIA"! Of course, he tried to pull it off as, "I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't touched it." I told him good bye, and left. So! I have around 500 dollars to buy a new machine. I was going to give him a maximum of 250 for this rig, and it would have suited my needs well. How much would it cost me to build that machine? I can price out the major parts on my own, but may need help with smaller, less well known items. Does anyone here have the free time to pick out some quality components for a fresh up build?

jjknoll

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
I was thinking $200 for what I have left, but that may be high after I think about it. Seriously, what do you think is fair. I'll honestly work with you. I'm 30 min south of GR.

jjknoll

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
I forgot, 8800gtx! Maybe $200 isn't too bad?

I'm going to bed soon. If I don't catch a reply tonight, I'll check in the morning.