configure computer to start from the cdrom drive

I need to configure my computer ( gateway G6-266) to
start from the CD-ROM drive. Gateway wouldn't give me any
assistence saying it was a software problem. How do i go
about doing this so i can reload windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

"striman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I need to configure my computer ( gateway G6-266) to
> start from the CD-ROM drive. Gateway wouldn't give me any
> assistence saying it was a software problem. How do i go
> about doing this so i can reload windows?

You'll need to go into your computer's BIOS, which you'll do by tapping some
key or other (for me it's DEL -- you might get a text message almost
immediately after boot-up telling you what to press). Once there, hunt
around for a menu choice that specifies the order in which the various
drives are checked by the boot process. Put the CD-ROM drive ahead of your
normal boot drive. Then, if you have a bootable CD-ROM in the drive, that's
where the boot will head.