pottersbrother

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I currently have a motherboard, i just bought a EVGA 275 co-op card, accually this would be my second card. upon boot up, all i get is a black screen, i can hear windows starting, but thats it. I thought first of all it was my card . . . but even the second co-op does the same. I have dis-abled the on-board vga . . . still nothing. I hate to send back these cards, when the solution could be simple. Please help.

NF750-g55, AM3, DDR3.

junior48

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Why do I get a blank screen when using HDMI on my GTX295?

Answer / Solution

The HDMI port on the GTX295 video card is on the secondary GPU. This means you will not be able to view the display until the drivers are loaded in Windows. You will not be able to access the system BIOS or other features before Windows is loaded. The HDMI port is better used for a secondary display. A DVI to HDMI adapter will need to be used in order to get full functionality with an HDMI display on the GTX295. There is no loss of quality going DVI to HDMI and the card still retains its SPDIF audio feature. DVI to HDMI kits are available from EVGA directly as well:

junior48

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
uestion / Issue

How do I disable the onboard video card built into my motherboard?

Answer / Solution

Some PC's do come with a built in video card which can cause conflicts upto and including a blank screen on boot with a new graphics card. Disabling this prior to the installation of your new EVGA graphics card will help avoid any future issues or conflicts.

The first step is to boot into your operating system and visit the following menus:

Windows XP 32/64bit

START > Control Panel > System > Select the "Hardware" tab > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (common is the intel integrated graphics accelerator) and select DISABLE. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

Windows Vista 32/64bit

START > Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (common is the intel integrated graphics accelerator) and select DISABLE. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

It is possible that the current resolution is outside of the new cards native resolution. Try reinstalling the old card, and then reduce the resolution to the Windows default setting. Then uninstall the old video card driver. Reinstall the GTX 275 and see if your display now works.

TRENDING THREADS