Onboard sound?

are there any companies that make a small (microATX or miniITX) board with sound I'm not going to want to upgrade with a $100 x-Fi card?

I'm tired of motherboards I have to upgrade out of the box... it's just annoying...
I don't really NEED a new computer, so I guess I'm saying I'm not buying until I find exactly what I want...
7 answers Last reply
More about onboard sound
  1. EVERY new mobo comes with onboard sound... even my ancient thing has onboard sound...
  2. thats not true, Foxconn bloodrage is a perfect example...
    there are motherboards out there w/o onboard sound... they're just rare...
    and that wasn't the question...
  3. Yea... look at any mini-atx board from asus/gigabyte, theyll have onboard sound... as for mini-itx.. only ones i know of are on atom or ion platforms.. but they still have onboard
  4. And the current HDA is pretty good. It doesn't support things like SB's EAX 5.0, but what do you expect for free.

And Soundblaster makes a perfectly serviceable 5.1 card for about $30.
  5. meh, I just don't understand to problem with giving us quality products... I mean they sell lot's of motherboards that cost 200-300 dollars... so what gives?
  6. They sell lots more costing $75 - $200. I will be willing to bet you, that in a double blind test, 98% of all computer users cannot reliably distinguish between modern HDA and something like an X-Fi using computer speakers.
  7. hmm, maybe you're right...
    I'll go grab an xFi card off of ebay at some point and give that a try...
    I'll get my buddy to help...
    maybe I'll post my results on youtube...
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computer