How do I make pointed ears?

I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?

Jeanie
11 answers Last reply
More about make pointed ears

    Go into create a sim, a click the button for "full face" under modifers (or
    whatever its called) it the last one one the end page

    --
    Rhiannon
    > I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
    > how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?
    >
    > Jeanie

    You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    Rhiannon wrote:
    > Go into create a sim, a click the button for "full face" under
    > modifers (or whatever its called) it the last one one the end page

    All I can get that to do is make the ears larger or smaller, though. How do
    you make them pointed on top?

    Jeanie

    >> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
    >> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
    >> this subject?
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    I didn't do anything & I had a couple who each had normal ears, but
    their child turned out with pointed ones. LOL

    Maxon wrote:
    > You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
    larger or smaller.

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
    >> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
    >> this subject?
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part allows you
    to select face parts to get the general face you want - shape of nose, ears,
    jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools that allows you to alter
    these features. You are looking in the tool (second) part but to find the
    pointy ears you need to look in the general features (first) part.

    In Bodyshop, when you load up

    1. go to Build a Sim
    2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you will see 5
    little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair, make up and glasses;
    and clothing.
    3. Press Faces
    4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
    5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear below, the
    pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last. However, you can
    also create pointy ears on the other faces by pressing on this face first
    and then the face you want and then using the slider bar. I'm really not
    sure how this works because if you don't press on the pointy ear face first,
    you can't change the ears of the other faces but change something else
    instead like jaw line. Anyway, the point is you can change the face once
    you have the pointy ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    It's similar in CAS but, as you probably know, there are fewer features in
    CAS to modify your sims.

    > Maxon wrote:
    > > You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > maxon
    >
    > Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
    > larger or smaller.
    >
    > Jeanie
    > >
    > > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    > >> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
    > >> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
    > >> this subject?
    > >>
    > >> Jeanie

    That was well said!! I just loaded bodyshop because I may have said the
    wrong thing in my answer... Your answer is very detailed I think anyone
    could figure it out from that!

    Rhiannon
    > There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part allows
    > you
    > to select face parts to get the general face you want - shape of nose,
    > ears,
    > jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools that allows you to alter
    > these features. You are looking in the tool (second) part but to find the
    > pointy ears you need to look in the general features (first) part.
    >
    > In Bodyshop, when you load up
    >
    > 1. go to Build a Sim
    > 2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you will see
    > 5
    > little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair, make up and
    > glasses;
    > and clothing.
    > 3. Press Faces
    > 4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
    > 5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear below, the
    > pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last. However, you can
    > also create pointy ears on the other faces by pressing on this face first
    > and then the face you want and then using the slider bar. I'm really not
    > sure how this works because if you don't press on the pointy ear face
    > first,
    > you can't change the ears of the other faces but change something else
    > instead like jaw line. Anyway, the point is you can change the face once
    > you have the pointy ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > It's similar in CAS but, as you probably know, there are fewer features in
    > CAS to modify your sims.
    >
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Maxon wrote:
    >> > You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > maxon
    >>
    >> Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
    >> larger or smaller.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >> >
    >> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

    > I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
    > how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?
    >
    > Jeanie

    Jeanie,

    I uploaded an image to the binaries group that show you where to find pointy
    ears. Let me know if you don't get the message and I'll find another way to
    send it to you.

    Maxon wrote:
    > There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part
    > allows you to select face parts to get the general face you want -
    > shape of nose, ears, jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools
    > that allows you to alter these features. You are looking in the tool
    > (second) part but to find the pointy ears you need to look in the
    > general features (first) part.
    >
    > In Bodyshop, when you load up
    >
    > 1. go to Build a Sim
    > 2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you
    > will see 5 little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair,
    > make up and glasses; and clothing.
    > 3. Press Faces
    > 4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
    > 5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear
    > below, the pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last.
    > However, you can also create pointy ears on the other faces by
    > pressing on this face first and then the face you want and then using
    > the slider bar. I'm really not sure how this works because if you
    > don't press on the pointy ear face first, you can't change the ears
    > of the other faces but change something else instead like jaw line.
    > Anyway, the point is you can change the face once you have the pointy
    > ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

    Jeanie

    Whogus the Whatsler wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
    >> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
    >> this subject?
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>

    > Jeanie,
    >
    > I uploaded an image to the binaries group that show you where to find
    > pointy ears. Let me know if you don't get the message and I'll find
    > another way to send it to you.

    Thanks to everybody who replied. I have to admit that I don't spend much
    time looking at those premade maxis faces, they are all so ugly. I see now
    that I need to investigate this further. LOL

    Jeanie

    Jeanie said:

    "All I can get that to do is make the ears larger or smaller, though.
    How do you make them pointed on top?"

    I say:

    There's one specific face type in CAS which will generate the pointed
    ears, although I never click on that one and I still end up with pointy
    eared toddlers-->teens when born in game or through Make a Child and
    round eared CAS adults transitioning into pointy eared elders!

    ~*~
    vecki

Sims Games Tutorial Video Games