How do I make pointed ears?

Last response: in Video Games
August 7, 2005 1:15:41 AM

I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?

Jeanie

More about : make pointed ears

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:15:42 AM

Go into create a sim, a click the button for "full face" under modifers (or
whatever its called) it the last one one the end page

--
Rhiannon
> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
> how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:34:15 AM

You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.

Best wishes
maxon

> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
> how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?
>
> Jeanie

August 7, 2005 5:34:08 AM

Rhiannon wrote:
> Go into create a sim, a click the button for "full face" under
> modifers (or whatever its called) it the last one one the end page

All I can get that to do is make the ears larger or smaller, though. How do
you make them pointed on top?

Jeanie

>> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
>> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
>> this subject?
>>
>> Jeanie
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 5:34:09 AM

I didn't do anything & I had a couple who each had normal ears, but
their child turned out with pointed ones. LOL

> Rhiannon wrote:
>> Go into create a sim, a click the button for "full face" under
>> modifers (or whatever its called) it the last one one the end page
>
> All I can get that to do is make the ears larger or smaller, though.
> How do
> you make them pointed on top?
>
> Jeanie
>>
>>> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
>>> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
>>> this subject?
>>>
>>> Jeanie

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 5:34:36 AM

Maxon wrote:
> You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
larger or smaller.

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
>> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
>> this subject?
>>
>> Jeanie
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 3:46:41 PM

There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part allows you
to select face parts to get the general face you want - shape of nose, ears,
jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools that allows you to alter
these features. You are looking in the tool (second) part but to find the
pointy ears you need to look in the general features (first) part.

In Bodyshop, when you load up

1. go to Build a Sim
2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you will see 5
little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair, make up and glasses;
and clothing.
3. Press Faces
4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear below, the
pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last. However, you can
also create pointy ears on the other faces by pressing on this face first
and then the face you want and then using the slider bar. I'm really not
sure how this works because if you don't press on the pointy ear face first,
you can't change the ears of the other faces but change something else
instead like jaw line. Anyway, the point is you can change the face once
you have the pointy ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.

Best wishes
maxon

It's similar in CAS but, as you probably know, there are fewer features in
CAS to modify your sims.

> Maxon wrote:
> > You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > maxon
>
> Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
> larger or smaller.
>
> Jeanie
> >
> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> >> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
> >> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
> >> this subject?
> >>
> >> Jeanie

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:09:15 PM

That was well said!! I just loaded bodyshop because I may have said the
wrong thing in my answer... Your answer is very detailed I think anyone
could figure it out from that!

Rhiannon
> There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part allows
> you
> to select face parts to get the general face you want - shape of nose,
> ears,
> jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools that allows you to alter
> these features. You are looking in the tool (second) part but to find the
> pointy ears you need to look in the general features (first) part.
>
> In Bodyshop, when you load up
>
> 1. go to Build a Sim
> 2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you will see
> 5
> little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair, make up and
> glasses;
> and clothing.
> 3. Press Faces
> 4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
> 5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear below, the
> pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last. However, you can
> also create pointy ears on the other faces by pressing on this face first
> and then the face you want and then using the slider bar. I'm really not
> sure how this works because if you don't press on the pointy ear face
> first,
> you can't change the ears of the other faces but change something else
> instead like jaw line. Anyway, the point is you can change the face once
> you have the pointy ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> It's similar in CAS but, as you probably know, there are fewer features in
> CAS to modify your sims.
>
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Maxon wrote:
>> > You'll find them in Bodyshop and CAS in the game.
>> >
>> > Best wishes
>> > maxon
>>
>> Where? The only thing I can find that affects the ears just makes them
>> larger or smaller.
>>
>> Jeanie
>> >
>> > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:45:13 PM

> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't figure out
> how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on this subject?
>
> Jeanie

Jeanie,

I uploaded an image to the binaries group that show you where to find pointy
ears. Let me know if you don't get the message and I'll find another way to
send it to you.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:48:59 PM

Maxon wrote:
> There are two parts in Bodyshop to making faces - the first part
> allows you to select face parts to get the general face you want -
> shape of nose, ears, jaw line, forehead - the second part has tools
> that allows you to alter these features. You are looking in the tool
> (second) part but to find the pointy ears you need to look in the
> general features (first) part.
>
> In Bodyshop, when you load up
>
> 1. go to Build a Sim
> 2. When you get your starting sim up, in the right hand panel you
> will see 5 little icons: genetics; faces; modifiers; facial hair,
> make up and glasses; and clothing.
> 3. Press Faces
> 4. Another sub-set of options comes up, press Face
> 5. Scroll right to the very end of the face options that appear
> below, the pre-programmed pointy ears are on the face 2nd to last.
> However, you can also create pointy ears on the other faces by
> pressing on this face first and then the face you want and then using
> the slider bar. I'm really not sure how this works because if you
> don't press on the pointy ear face first, you can't change the ears
> of the other faces but change something else instead like jaw line.
> Anyway, the point is you can change the face once you have the pointy
> ears. Does that actually make sense? Hmmm.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:50:15 PM

Whogus the Whatsler wrote:
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> I've seen so many sims that have pointed ears, but I just can't
>> figure out how they did it. Does anyone know a good tutorial on
>> this subject?
>>
>> Jeanie
>>

> Jeanie,
>
> I uploaded an image to the binaries group that show you where to find
> pointy ears. Let me know if you don't get the message and I'll find
> another way to send it to you.

Thanks to everybody who replied. I have to admit that I don't spend much
time looking at those premade maxis faces, they are all so ugly. I see now
that I need to investigate this further. LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 1:29:00 AM

Jeanie said:

"All I can get that to do is make the ears larger or smaller, though.
How do you make them pointed on top?"

I say:

There's one specific face type in CAS which will generate the pointed
ears, although I never click on that one and I still end up with pointy
eared toddlers-->teens when born in game or through Make a Child and
round eared CAS adults transitioning into pointy eared elders!

~*~
vecki
!