Windows is Acting Strange

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
So, earlier today, my Mom's laptop started acting funny. It's hard to explain exactly what happened, but I'll try. Sometimes, when left-clicking, the small "menu" that pops up when you right-click would pop up and disappear really quickly. It would also sometimes act like you were holding down the click button (it would make that blue box that you use to highlight a ton of stuff). I started it in safe mode, and the problems persisted, as well as the desktop icons became enlarged. A Malwarebytes scan didn't turn up any thing. Then, after a CLEAN install of 7 (it had Vista before), the first quirk I explained still happens, and sometimes the computer will become briefly unresponsive as well. It can't be the trackpad going out either, because the first two problems were there while using the trackpad as well as a mouse. I'm starting to doubt it was a virus, considering the fact that after a format a few strange things are still happening. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Ok, so the mouse is a Microsoft Wireless 3500, and the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905. I'll try a Logitech wireless mouse and see how that works. What I find weird is that it behaves the same way with the touchpad, too. Anyway, if you need anymore info let me know and I'll get it for you.

After clean install, I'd say its hardware issue = the mouse. We'll see.