Hi Can You Pls Help me...

vashfrey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Im from the philippines and im wonderin if anyone can help me on what to buy,im currently looking for a new PCI e Video Card and im planning to use it for gaming purposes,my CPU specs is this

Pentium 4 3GB
2GB RAM
(Currently Using my built-in VC which crap ^_^)

just wonderin on what to buy,here in the phils i can afford at least 5k php max or 6k rather,that's around 120US-150US Dollars
and i wanna know for sure on what to buy cause im planning to play Gears of War and GTA IV on my pc.
So pls give me some clue on what to purchase,email me or reply to this post or PM me here thanks in advance for those who will comply to this.

(Im planning to buy 1 of this babies - "Force3D HD4830 512mb,256bit,ddr3,dualDVI,tv" "Asus EAH3650 SILENT/MAGIC/HTDP 512mb,128bit" and this "Inno3D GEForce 9800GT 512mb,256bit,ddr3,HDTV,DualDVI")

thanks ^_^

Are you sure your motherboard has a PCI-E slot? Many P4's did not, how fast is your P4 it may significantly bottleneck a modern card. Also what resolution do you plan to play at? And what power supply do you have, link to it if you can, if its a prebuilt system what is the model number, because you may have to swap that out to safely power a modern card.

it seems that your mobo has PCI-E slot for graphic card. but the card that you list in the OP will be bottleneck by the your CPU.

btw if you're looking into playing GTA 4 you're going to need a lot of cpu power because GTA 4 is more CPU intensive.

it depends on what games you're going to play. to play something like GTA 4 (which is rely heavily on cpu) you really have to replace your pentium 4. but since your board cannot support dual or quad cpu you will have to replace your mobo and RAM (if i'm not mistaken your mobo using DDR 400 which is expensive and hard to find these days) as well. in short you might have to built new rig.

vashfrey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

is there no other way??? T_T i kinda lack in budget maybe i can skip the GTA part,then what would be the most highest VC that my CPU can handle???pls thanks for your help

you can try to look on these graphic cards:

HD4650 (GDDR3)
HD4670
9600GSO
9600GT

9600GT is the best between the four while HD4670 is pretty much on par with 9600GSO. the advantage HD4670 over 9600GT/GSO is the card doesn't need 6 pin power connector to power the card.

i'm still using pentium 4 myself :D (3.0 OC@3.3). paired with 9600GSO i'm still able to play some new games like RE5 (high setting, no AA, v-sync turn on) with 30-50 FPS. but i play on small resolution (1024 x 768) :kaola:

vashfrey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
so i really cant play GTA IV?? how sad huhuhu even on small reso's??? lyk 1024 x 768???
and i wanna know if this is the silent type,cause most VC creates sme odd noises ^_^

gears of war req:

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10220/

if you're looking for graphic card with passive cooler make sure your case have very good air flow. most modern card can run very hot which is why most mid-range and all high-end graphic equipped with heatsink with fan. if you're not confident enough with your case air flow just get graphic card with fan.

for silent card you can try finding something like this:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=205

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2912

vashfrey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
uhm sorry for the late reply,typhoons knock all power supply in our neighborhood for 2 weeks straight....Can my pentium 4 handle this cards - Nvidia 9600GT or Nvidia 9800GT