1200$ Gaming PC.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: October- might even later BUDGET RANGE: Really tight 1200$. Should be even less.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: FPS\TPS Gaming, surfing, watching movies, music\audio listening.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: ALL parts required, including a monitor, mouse, keyboard and a budget audio system.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Ermm, shops in Canada, or even retail stores around Halifax area.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Id love a Intel CPU, but AMD CPU will be accepted to.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes / No / Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Recommend me a monitor first :P

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The opposite of bling case :P keep the geek inside the case (Antec 300 like cases)

Thank You :)
15 answers Last reply
More about 1200 gaming
  1. for micro atx build.
    rampage extreme II gene aprox $220 usd
    3x2GB TRI channel hyper X 2000 mhz 9-9-9-25 aprox $150 usd
    GTX 275/hd4890 aprox $200-$220 usd
    nine hundred two gaming case aprox $149
    ultra/pc power and cooling/ thermaltake 750 watt + psu aprox $140
    intel core I7 aprox $300 usd be sure to get D0 stepping.

    Aproximately $1180

    if you dont want micro atx consider asus p6t/p6t deluxe V2 or MSI platinum motherboard. that can be had for close to the same price.

    Segate baracuda 1.5 TB $120 aprox great price and capacity and very favorable performance vs most traditonal platter hard drives. you may need to get a cheaper case to make your budget ultra makes decent entry level mid tower cases for around 50 bucks or you might find a case and psu combo and save a few bucks that way. dvd burner id go for the samsung SH-S223L for around 35 bucks at newegg. you obviously have a monitor id continue to use it. although decent 1680X1050 monitors hcan be had for around 150. id check cnet reviews for a good rundown on monitors. I7 is a little bit more expensive but shop around make small sacrafices. your platform will be with you longer than the video card you dont want to hold yourself back with a slow platform.
  2. Too far in advance.
  3. Niklas_13 said:

    Yeah, maybe somthing along this build...

    timbo1130 said:
    for micro atx build.
    rampage extreme II gene aprox $220 usd
    3x2GB TRI channel hyper X 2000 mhz 9-9-9-25 aprox $150 usd
    GTX 275/hd4890 aprox $200-$220 usd
    nine hundred two gaming case aprox $149
    ultra/pc power and cooling/ thermaltake 750 watt + psu aprox $140
    intel core I7 aprox $300 usd be sure to get D0 stepping.

    Aproximately $1180

    if you dont want micro atx consider asus p6t/p6t deluxe V2 or MSI platinum motherboard. that can be had for close to the same price.

    Segate baracuda 1.5 TB $120 aprox great price and capacity and very favorable performance vs most traditonal platter hard drives. you may need to get a cheaper case to make your budget ultra makes decent entry level mid tower cases for around 50 bucks or you might find a case and psu combo and save a few bucks that way. dvd burner id go for the samsung SH-S223L for around 35 bucks at newegg. you obviously have a monitor id continue to use it. although decent 1680X1050 monitors hcan be had for around 150. id check cnet reviews for a good rundown on monitors. I7 is a little bit more expensive but shop around make small sacrafices. your platform will be with you longer than the video card you dont want to hold yourself back with a slow platform.

    well that's about 300 bucks of my budget when including the monitor, a mouse and a keyboard... i could cut off about 70$ by chosing the coolermaster, but it only covers the HDD

    jbakerlent said:
    Too far in advance.

    i know its pretty long time, but it's not like they realse new products every monday and friday..
  4. COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
    Item #: N82E16811119137
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    -$20.00 Instant $99.99
    $79.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137



    Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
    Item #: N82E16822136319
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    $99.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319



    ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
    Item #: N82E16824236051
    Return Policy: Monitor Replacement Only Return Policy
    -$10.00 Instant $199.99
    $189.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051



    GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    Item #: N82E16813128398
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
    -$10.00 Instant $149.99
    $139.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128398



    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100269VXLE Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
    Item #: N82E16814102848
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy
    -$10.00 Instant
    $10.00 USD Mail-in Rebate Card
    $228.99
    $218.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102848



    CORSAIR 750 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006



    OCZ Gold AMD Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LVAM4GK - Retail
    Item #: N82E16820227448
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy
    $93.99 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227448



    AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor Model HDZ720WFGIBOX - Retail
    Item #: N82E16819103649
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
    $149.00 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649
    Subtotal: $1,086.93


    You have some left over for speekers KB and mouse

    not to sure if you needed a OS or you have one ? if not then we might need to lower some things to add in a OS

    you can add a HSF latter on when your ready to OC
  5. Thanks!
    Yeah, i will need a OS, forgot to mention it..
    Oh well, i'll just cut off a bit with the HDD [500GB is more then enough for me.]
    that leaves me with about 150$ for Windows 7 Home basic [or Vista H.Basic with a upgrade coupon] for 100$, and stock KB, mouse and speakers, until i'll scratch enough money for gaming gear :)
  6. selecti said:
    i know its pretty long time, but it's not like they realse new products every monday and friday..


    You're kidding right? Between now and the end of October the computer industry will have changed so much it will scarcely be recognizable...

    Edit: Because I know you probably won't believe me I guess I'll give an example or two - DX11, i5, W7...
  7. jbakerlent said:
    You're kidding right? Between now and the end of October the computer industry will have changed so much it will scarcely be recognizable...

    Edit: Because I know you probably won't believe me I guess I'll give an example or two - DX11, i5, W7...

    dx11 is a software update. i belive HD4890 will support it.
    I belive i5 will be a high-end CPU, or at least really, REALLY pricy at it's first days.
    W7- well that's a OS, it will run every uptodate PC, ill just buy it instead of the vista :)
  8. selecti said:
    dx11 is a software update. i belive HD4890 will support it.
    I belive i5 will be a high-end CPU, or at least really, REALLY pricy at it's first days.
    W7- well that's a OS, it will run every uptodate PC, ill just buy it instead of the vista :)


    Hmmm, wrong, wrong, right. Good try though. ;)
  9. lol :P
    well, prove me wrong, im curious
  10. Not sure what you mean by "prove me wrong" but DX11 is the next generation of GPUs, not a software update. The 5800 and 300 series will be far, far faster than the 4800/200 series and you can't simply update from DX10/DX10.1 to DX11... Since you said you would prefer an Intel CPU I would suggest waiting for the i5s or even the i3s since they will be cheaper, scaled down versions of the i7 with a new socket. Hopefully this helps, clarify a little bit. And yes, W7 is just a new OS, so it will work on almost all modern PCs.
  11. oh, okay. i got it..
    well, i guess ill just wait..
    thanks anyways :P
  12. Sure, no problem :)
  13. jbakerlent said:
    Not sure what you mean by "prove me wrong" but DX11 is the next generation of GPUs, not a software update. The 5800 and 300 series will be far, far faster than the 4800/200 series and you can't simply update from DX10/DX10.1 to DX11... Since you said you would prefer an Intel CPU I would suggest waiting for the i5s or even the i3s since they will be cheaper, scaled down versions of the i7 with a new socket. Hopefully this helps, clarify a little bit. And yes, W7 is just a new OS, so it will work on almost all modern PCs.


    +1

    If your not going to build it within a few weeks just hold off on the mobo cpu ram and gpu, and see whats out when you are ready to build

    Maybe when the new stuff comes out it will lower the prices on the older things and you might get more for your money, or you might beable to get better stuff for the same coin.

    If you need to buy something atm pick up a dvd case or HDD
  14. selecti said:
    APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: October- might even later BUDGET RANGE: Really tight 1200$. Should be even less.

    SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: FPS\TPS Gaming, surfing, watching movies, music\audio listening.

    PARTS NOT REQUIRED: ALL parts required, including a monitor, mouse, keyboard and a budget audio system.

    PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Ermm, shops in Canada, or even retail stores around Halifax area.

    PARTS PREFERENCES: Id love a Intel CPU, but AMD CPU will be accepted to.

    OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes / No / Maybe

    MONITOR RESOLUTION: Recommend me a monitor first :P

    ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The opposite of bling case :P keep the geek inside the case (Antec 300 like cases)

    Thank You :)


    New MB's, CPU's and GPU's all being released mid Sept. early Oct. time frame. Take two aspirin, and call us back towards end of Sept.....
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Systems