Sign in with
Your question

Input not supported??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2009 10:55:09 PM

Hello I have had win 7 installed for a few weeks now, and today I had 4 BSODs one after another, 10minutes apart, after one of the BSOD's by resolution had gone back to 800x600 (normally 1280x1050 i think)Since then I restored windows and I thought that fixed the problem but when i shut down the pc and went away for a few hours i came back and tried to boot it & it came up with input not supported, I can't even see it booting or get access to the bios at all.......any ideas?

I suspect my videocard is bust what do you guys/gals reckon?

I'm in urgent need of advice as i've just had to type all this from my iphone.

More about : input supported

September 18, 2009 11:15:19 PM

try changing to the other output from the gcard, sounds like a gcard issue
m
l
September 18, 2009 11:27:25 PM

Thanks xaira :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

Ok well my vid card only has 2 x dvi-d outputs and my monitor has 1 x vga & 1 x dvid.
I had it connect with a dvi cable and i got that input not supported message (even though this is the same cable i had been using for a year or so).
I then changed the cable to a vga type cable with a dvid adaptor on one side so it can plug in to my vid card and wala it worked.

Any idea what the problem is?

It has to be one of the below i believe:

1)Video card output
2) monitor input
3) Bad cable
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2009 10:10:38 AM

sounds like the last 1, try the monitor with a different rig
m
l
February 25, 2010 2:37:20 PM

AFTER LOTS OF LOOKING AT DIFERENT REMEDIES AND ADVICE I DECIDED TO START AT THE BOTTOM AND JUST GO TO DISPLAY PROPERTIES AND LOWER THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO ITS MINIMUM....YES IT WORKED FIRST TIME SOLUTION IS.. > MY COMPUTER > CHANGE A SETTING > APPEARANCE AND THEMES > CHANGE THE SCREEN RESOLUTION > 800 BY 600 / HIGHEST 32 BIT > OK .......GOOD LUCK
m
l
!