4 partitions (C, D, E, F) but D & F not showing

Ali_Qadeer

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I have 4 partitions (C, D, E, F) of my hard drive. Everything was normal, but suddenly my (D & F) Drives not showing in my computer. Kindly help me to solve this problem

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello and Welcome to Tom's Hardware,

Please tell us more about your computer, the OS, HDD's other attached devices, and if any recent program installations, updates, reg cleaners, power outage, that were used or occurred that might have caused a problem.

Also do 2 things:
Go to Disk Management and in the lower graphical area please list what it says in the Disk Status column, like Disk 0, Basic, Size, Online or whatever, and in the Volume Status column to the right below the dark blue color band, what it says, about the different Partitions, Volume, DriveLetter if there, Size, NTFS, Healthy, any other info.

Next start the Command interpreter (cmd) and carefully type "DiskPart". You will get DiskPart> as it starts the disk partition interpreter.
Then type "List Disk". Please write down the printout.
Then type "List Volume". Please write down the printout of all the Volume recognized, for us to review.
Then at the DiskPart > type "Exit" to exit the DiskPart interpreter, then "Exit" to exit the Cmd interpreter.

That way we can best figure out what's going on..

jahanzeb-abbasi

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hello,
i am having the sameproblem with my 80 GB Sata Hard when i was making my flash xp bootable with "win to flash" softwear my system restars and after that i can't see my (D,E,,F ) derives only 'C' derive is showing.

Disk part> list disk

disk ### > Disk 0
Status> Online
Size> 75 GB
Free > 0 B

You can make your own post instead of hijacking someone else's post.